Need some help testing something from fellow Ingress players!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Let me explain. 2 days ago, all of a sudden my Ingress stopped working. It was loading and upon loading I would get "Scanner Disabled Location Inaccurate".

I racked my brain, and finally went into my Location Services on my S4. I normally only have GPS Satellites checked off. So I went it to make sure that was indeed checked as the game uses GPS. It was checked. As you know there is the other check box "Wifi & Mobile Network Location". As I am sure you know, this is not necessary, but in areas where satellite reception is poor it can speed up pin pointing your location. I have never needed this. Hence it's always been unchecked. Well, for ****s and giggles I checked it off. BOOM Ingress worked.

So at this point. I downloaded GPS Status.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...sstatus2&feature=search_result&token=_ldvtKyc.

I unchecked "Wifi & Mobile Network Location" again JUST leaving GPS Satellites checked, and ran the app and just as I suspected 0 of 0 satellites found.
I checked the box, and boom 19 of 23 satellites found.

I did a factory reset and all worked as normal again, thinking it was my phone and not an APP I continued to reinstall ALL my apps. After doing so I realized it stopped working again. This time I did a factory reset and decided I would reinstall each app one by one and test in between. But then I remembered I had an update for

Weather by MacroPinch
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nch.swan&feature=search_result&token=Bp0Y0UN4..

I installed it, and let it choose my location based on GPS and SURE THE **** ENOUGH! Boom! My GPS Stopped working again and the ONLY way to get a even one satellite was to check the box for "Wifi & Mobile Network Location".

And if I uninstall WEATHER, all goes back to normal and it works fine.

Long story short, I had pin pointed the issue. And went to the developers Facebook page to inform them. Then pretty much denied it was them and told me it was my phone. SO, I replicated the issue on my friends LG Optimus G E973. SAME THING.

NOW they have the nerve to tell me they could not replicate the issue on ANY of their phones. I find it hard to believe that just those 2 phones I tested happen to be the only phones this was happening on!

Could you please replicate what I told you above, like the stupid MacroPinch page and post your findings as well as phone make and model, and Android OS you are running as well, if you have any customer ROMS or if you are modded or not, at the following link and facebook page for me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE it takes hardly any time at all! Here is the direct link to my post about the issue on their Facebook Page

https://www.facebook.com/macropinch...fset=0&total_comments=13&notif_t=feed_comment

Thanks!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
With so many excellent weather applications out there, why not just pick another? Weather Bug Elite is my personal current favorite, but there are so many good ones...

Robert Wheeler1

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting this ,I had the exact same issues. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 JB 4.1.1 ,with no roms, ect. The game was working perfectly then 3 days ago it stopped working , all i got was "Scanner Disabled Location Inaccurate".
I have tried to reinstall Ingress , turn on & off wifi, gps, syncing of location. I have just about done everything but install new factory reset.
After reading this I remembered I got the same App about 3-4 days ago.
I have 3 other Android phones so i will install the game on them ,make sure it works , Then download that app and see if the same error occurs.
It will give me something to do this weekend, as it's raining all weekend. :cool:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting this ,I had the exact same issues. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 JB 4.1.1 ,with no roms, ect. The game was working perfectly then 3 days ago it stopped working , all i got was "Scanner Disabled Location Inaccurate".
I have tried to reinstall Ingress , turn on & off wifi, gps, syncing of location. I have just about done everything but install new factory reset.
After reading this I remembered I got the same App about 3-4 days ago.
I have 3 other Android phones so i will install the game on them ,make sure it works , Then download that app and see if the same error occurs.
It will give me something to do this weekend, as it's raining all weekend. :cool:

I am glad I could help! Please make a point to post on MacroPinch's Facebook page, I have a post going there right now, it would be helpful if you added your findings.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
With so many excellent weather applications out there, why not just pick another? Weather Bug Elite is my personal current favorite, but there are so many good ones...

There are many reasons. I have gone through MANY apps. MANY. And this is the best in my opinion. It's small, minimal info, runs smooth, and has a great widget.
I have tried maybe 7 other apps and this is the only one I truly like. Either way I found a way around the bug. It only happens
a) When you use location services in the app to find your locaiton
b) the above and while the app is running.

So, if you want to still use Weather, just turn off Auto Locate services. And boom you are good. For me I had to use it, as Niagara Falls, Canada was not a manual choice, but once it found me I just turned off Auto located and I was all good.

This was more of just an educational post anyway, incase anyone had issues like I did.

toddjy

May 26, 2010
Visit site
This post sounds too much like a "please install my malware app" request for me to try it. I trust very little that is found in the Play store since Google doesn't do the testing that Apple does. It's why I think Android was really an Apple backed conspiracy. "You want open? We'll give you wide open! And you'll get all kinds of malware!" That and the fact that Eric was a Steve toady.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This post sounds too much like a "please install my malware app" request for me to try it. I trust very little that is found in the Play store since Google doesn't do the testing that Apple does. It's why I think Android was really an Apple backed conspiracy. "You want open? We'll give you wide open! And you'll get all kinds of malware!" That and the fact that Eric was a Steve toady.

What? Are you accusing me of trying to get people to install apps, and using an excuse to do so? I am NOT a developer. And if you would have taken the actual time to READ the posts, you would have seen it was a legitimate post, as were the results and replies from another having the same issue.
This isn't the place for your Apple loving small minded opinion. Take it elsewhere.