I have Amazon Prime and have heard about rumors that the HTC Desire HD is in the same shell as the Inspire. So I pulled the trigger and ordered an inexpensive Desire HD case just to see if it will fit my brand new Inspire. I'll only be eating $5.50 if it doesn't. I should have it Wednesday.

Stay tuned!
    02-13-2011 08:56 PM
    I have Amazon Prime and have heard about rumors that the HTC Desire HD is in the same shell as the Inspire. So I pulled the trigger and ordered an inexpensive Desire HD case just to see if it will fit my brand new Inspire. I'll only be eating $5.50 if it doesn't. I should have it Wednesday.

Stay tuned!
    The Inspire is identical to the Desire HD, all accessories will work with both the Inspire/Desire HD vice versa. Even Seidio is marketing the Inspire cases as Desire HD/Inspire 4g cases.
    02-13-2011 09:51 PM
    So it's a done deal then. I was thinking it was still all rumored stuff etc etc. Guess I know the case I ordered will def fit then.
    02-13-2011 10:09 PM

Stay tuned!
    Was it this one?

Amazon.com: Snap-on Rubber Coated Case for HTC Desire HD, Black Rear: Electronics
    02-14-2011 12:01 AM
    Nope - this one: (and I guess I'm paying only $4.50, not $5.50)

Amazon.com: This One
    02-14-2011 09:55 AM
    Update - the case I ordered arrived and it's a perfect fit. Cheapo case overall - generic rubberized plastic. I wasn't expecting much for $4.50 - worth the money IMO. Comes in 2 pieces, top side half and bottom side half (sandwich). There's also a little plastic tool that, at first glance, I thought was a bonus stylus. It turned out to be a tool to pry the case apart for removing it I believe. No instructions about using it, heh.
    02-16-2011 06:14 PM
    The case mate pop case arrived today....very tite fit, but perfect fit. not bulky, stylish protection without the bulk of an otter box.. rubber inner shell molded to glossy hard outer with rubber side panels for grip, rubber buttons work perfectly..a must buy! go to the case mate site and check out the pop case for desire hd

case mate now has the pop case for inspire 4g advertised at a substantial price increase over the desire hd pop case...disapointing to see as they are the exact same case....may have been my last purchase from case mate...I don't like such practices.
    02-17-2011 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD