HTC Desire Otterbox Fit Inspire??

TripperGetem

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Otterbox cases for the HTC Desire will fit the HTC Inspire? I'm assuming they should since they are the same model and have the same form factor but I'm just wondering if there are any little differences between the 2 phones that would cause an issue when trying to use a case for the Desire on the Inspire.

thatguyjeff

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
It should - or so I'm told. Beware there's the Desire and the Desire HD. I don't know what the difference is, if any. My understanding that the Desire HD is the exact match case-wise.

I just ordered a Desire HD case yesterday so we'll see. Also see the forum on accessories. There's a post in there about cross compatibility between Desire HD cases and the Inspire.

snilloconator

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
My local att store had a speck case and it's actually pretty nice. Rubber inside coating so it won't scratch and pliable outer shell.

inspirre_candy_gray1.jpg

Not sure if this helps the OP though.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I contacted OtterBox directly and was told they are not compatible. Also to check their FB page and website for a future product for the Inspire.

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Otterbox Commuter for Desire HD for my Inspire. I will find out soon how well it fits. It is a shame to cover such a nice phone!

dantheezell

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Good News ALL! The Otterbox defender case for the HTC desire HD is FULLY compatible with my HTC Inspire 4G. I am using it right now. The ATT store had NO cases on the 13th. Lucky i took the gamble and ordered the case in advance. The measurements of difference between the Desire HD and Inspire 4G were VERY minimal.

I can't speak about the Otterbox commuter case, but the defender case definitely fits.

Last edited:

jbarber

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Good News ALL! The Otterbox defender case for the HTC desire HD is FULLY compatible with my HTC Inspire 4G. I am using it right now. The ATT store had NO cases on the 13th. Lucky i took the gamble and ordered the case in advance. The measurements of difference between the Desire HD and Inspire 4G were VERY minimal.

I can't speak about the Otterbox commuter case, but the defender case definitely fits.

Any pics...still waiting for mine to come in the mail. Glade to hear it works.

anthonok

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Are there any issues with the flash reflecting into the lense when taking pictures? I think its just a problem if the 2 holes are connected like on some cases. Just curious.

coupequatro

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I got my defender series today, fits like a glove, my only complaint is that I cannot access the headphone jack while it is in the holster, I will have to dremmel it out,
Also cool is that the holster on the defender doubles as a kick stand :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers