I just picked up my inspire 4g a couple weeks ago and love it. Recently I have been having some problems with it.
    The back button will stop working for a few minutes. The text will go really slow as I'm typing sometimes. And it will close out of an app and just shut off. the phone is not rooted. Do I've been thinking about trading it back in for new one. Any help would be awesome thank you.
    03-09-2011 03:31 AM
    First try rebooting your phone and see if that helps.
    Lag is typically a result of Android working really hard to do all the things you want at the same time. An application may be hogging the CPU or even the RAM. Go to Settings (from Home Screen) --> about phone --> Battery use..and check to see if any applications are on the list. If the application has a decent amount of battery usage from it (>5%) you may want to investigate the app further. Then go to Applications (from settings) --> running services. This will let you know what apps have been stored in memory (RAM) and how much space they're taking up. When an application takes up more RAM then it should, it can cause the phone to work harder to get rid of apps not in use (this is how Android multi-tasks).
    You can also try clearing out the cache from the browser and any app caches that may be taking up too much space.
    Also are you using any task managers? Or a different Launcher then the stock? If you can list what apps you have running it could help better in figuring out what's going on.
    03-09-2011 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD