What's the best?

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got an inspire from ATT. Whats the best for rooting? And is there any guides??

Thanks.

HTC Inspire HD.

That is just an excellent damn question. After pouring through several threads both here and at xda over the last several days, I really feel no closer to the solution.

Step 1: gold card

Step 2: "one click" root process--meaning each step in the root process is one click or command.

I suppose the answer really lies in what you are aiming for as an end result.

Now that my 3rd party apps is enabled and I don't need to use SWM to load and update apps like swype, all I really want from rooting is the same stock rom with the rooted capability of uninstalling the lousy att bloatware.

I don't want to screw up the sound or ruin my phone just to offload 50 megs of junk.

What is really needed is a linked flowchart which allows you to specify your desire(d) outcome.

I will barely have the time to devote to an established root process, much less the time to read through several 100-page threads originally generated in february.

Though I suppose I am complaining about too much info, I am also grateful to those who have spent so much time working it out in the first place.

If att would allow customers to uninstall noncritical apps . . . But I digress

Hello_Robert

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading so much, my heads gonna explode..

All I want to know is, is it really worth it? I did JB my iPhone, it opened more opportunity for the phone. But it didn't help speed or the quality of the phone.

I've found a one step.. but its not suppose to do anything to the Rom or kernel. So is this where I need to go? I don't want to give up sound or Bluetooth, or WiFi.

Gingerbread? If so, what would the Rom be??

HTC Inspire HD.

Jimbo5000

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I also used the one click method a couple weeks ago. Kind of intimidating at first and for a middle aged old fart like me, the tiny fonts used on the screen through the process are kind of a PIA. But it worked out okay and it's kind of nice to be able to swap out ROM's and try different settings. I'm glad to see the bloatware gone. My only downside has been some weird audible click to the external speaker at times which I'm wondering if it's due to the S-Off process.

JoshuaExline

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Part of me doesn't want to root because - even though I wouldn't consider myself computer inept - the stuff I have read reads like spanish stereo instructions written in san skrit and flys right over my head, so I'd be afraid I'd screw something up royally.

Part of me wants to figure out a way to get it done because, damnit, the bloatware is effing annoying!

Thors Gal

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Go for it. I am glad I did. You will be also. It is hard to mess up if you take your time, read the directions and follow them closely. Don't rush just let the process run.

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Everything works?

Everything works great. Just for good measure, I did also install a file that was originally designed to fix the tinny sound on the cm7 rom but seems to work on others as well. If anything, my external speaker is MUCH louder than it was stock. I also installed one more patch that makes it recognizable as an AT&T Inspire 4G instead of a Desire HD. I actually did this last one because my Sync software wouldn't recognize the phone for some reason. But I did it in the course of re-installing HTC sync for the third time, so I'm not for sure which thing fixed it.

[CONFIRMED] Inspire 4G 'Tinny' Audio Fix - xda-developers

Last edited:

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Everything works great. Just for good measure, I did also install a file that was originally designed to fix the tinny sound on the cm7 rom but seems to work on others as well. If anything, my external speaker is MUCH louder than it was stock. I also installed one more patch that makes it recognizable as an AT&T Inspire 4G instead of a Desire HD. I actually did this last one because my Sync software wouldn't recognize the phone for some reason. But I did it in the course of re-installing HTC sync for the third time, so I'm not for sure which thing fixed it.

[CONFIRMED] Inspire 4G 'Tinny' Audio Fix - xda-developers

Just to be clear, did your audio come out normal after bubby's one-click?

Did your speaker audio become much louder after the Tinny Audio Fix patch or was it like that just after bubby's root process? I would love for my speaker audio volume to go WAY louder than it does unrooted stock--One of the negatives of the Inspire IMO.

Both the headphone audio and speaker audio are of major importance to me. If either one comes out less than what exists pre-root after all this then I feel like it has been a bit of a waste of time--not to mention that getting back to unrooted stock requires the ace hack kit.

I actually started bubby's one-click this am, but got an "unhandled exception" upon running his exe. For some reason I had to repair my .NET installation even though I had just recently installed it in May.
That delay was enough for me to get completely sidetracked with other issues at home.

Hello_Robert

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I backed up my contacts on Google. And tried my backup on my apps, but lost it. No big deal, I just re-dled my apps.. I love the speed now.

Thanks again raver. :thumbs-up:

Sent from my Rooted Inspire HD!

Reactions: raver_returns

Hello_Robert

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Found a problem.. I can't run navigation app. It just comes up and says waiting on capability.

Anyone know how to fix this? My Google maps works great. Just no turn by turn. :(

Sent from my Rooted Inspire HD 4G!

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Found a problem.. I can't run navigation app. It just comes up and says waiting on capability.

Anyone know how to fix this? My Google maps works great. Just no turn by turn. :(

Sent from my Rooted Inspire HD 4G!

Is the gps broken or just the navigator?

Read this fix for another rooted device

I had the same GPS locking issue, and solved it with an app called GPS Status, which you can get for free in the Market.

After enabling GPS and going into GPS Status, you'll need to do the following:
1. Menu > Manage A-GPS state > Reset
2. Menu > Manage A-GPS state > Download
3. Try Navigation to see if GPS lock works

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995