cm7 or not to...

jas1313

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I know a custom Rom is personal pref but what are some of the other leaders out there? Tried cm7, some things I like and some I don't. Almost miss my sense 2. Again not asking what I should use but other top choices, and the pro and cons.

jas1313

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
after fixing the bugs, lost contacts etc. i played around with cm7. turns out i was jumping the gun with a negative criticism. like it a lot but still want to try different roms in future. i do like the adw antique cm7 theme. i guess im more of a noob than i thought. this rooting thing was not easy for me although i didnt have help from bad sd card. changing what i have might be a tougher decision.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
What I dislike most about switching ROMs is the time it takes to load everything back on (contacts, apps, etc.). Other than that, flashing a ROM is easier than rooting the phone was IMO.

Suprtrukr425

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
If you want a sense rom that has alot of customization options try out RCmix3D. I personally prefer CM7, but found this to be the most customizable sense rom in my testing stage.

jlgroves1

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I know that some don't like MIUI for its iOS look but it is one of the best ROMs i've ever used and you can change the launcher if you want a more gingerbread look. Try it out and I bet you will like it. Or, if you prefer sense definitely try RCMix3D. It's my favorite sense ROM.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Tiger5353

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I also like RCMix3D for a sense rom. Also like CM7 for it's ability to be tweaked, at least until ICS get's out of beta, then that will be my favorite, at least i believe so after playing around with beta IV.

Last edited:

Tiger5353

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
What I dislike most about switching ROMs is the time it takes to load everything back on (contacts, apps, etc.). Other than that, flashing a ROM is easier than rooting the phone was IMO.

As far as install your contacts, as soon as you log onto google it should sync your contacts to the new rom. As for the apps you should try Titanium Backup which can be found on google's market place. The free version will allow you to backup and restore each app including the data for it so you can restore it in your new rom. The paid for version lets you batch backup/restore all user apps and data at once.

Hope this help's. :D

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
As far as install your contacts, as soon as you log onto google it should sync your contacts to the new rom. As for the apps you should try Titanium Backup which can be found on google's market place. The free version will allow you to backup and restore each app including the data for it so you can restore it in your new rom. The paid for version lets you batch backup/restore all user apps and data at once.

Hope this help's. :D

Yeah, already doing all that. I was just commenting that it takes a while to install everything back. I have like 200 apps.

Tiger5353

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, already doing all that. I was just commenting that it takes a while to install everything back. I have like 200 apps.

Ah, ok. Sorry about that I guess I was thinking about what i do when trying out a new rom. I only install the must have apps on a new rom, then if i decide after a few days i 'm not going to use it as my daily driver i just don't install any more of my apps on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12