htc inspire stuck in boot loop

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a stuck boot loop. It's rooted and had Cleardroid 1.3.2 already and had been working fine. I downloaded an app called ghost radar and I don't know if it was the cause or my daughter messing with my inspire. Anyway, I powered up, got the white HTC screen and it goes to the black htc quietly brilliant screen and there is the loop. I've done a hard reset, gone to the Hboot and wiped the cashe, factory data wipe and factory reset, then downloaded the Cleardroid 1.3.2 that is zipped on my SD card and still stuck in that loop screen.

Now what?

Tiger5353

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a stuck boot loop. It's rooted and had Cleardroid 1.3.2 already and had been working fine. I downloaded an app called ghost radar and I don't know if it was the cause or my daughter messing with my inspire. Anyway, I powered up, got the white HTC screen and it goes to the black htc quietly brilliant screen and there is the loop. I've done a hard reset, gone to the Hboot and wiped the cashe, factory data wipe and factory reset, then downloaded the Cleardroid 1.3.2 that is zipped on my SD card and still stuck in that loop screen.

Now what?

So I'm only guessing here but you said you had cleardroid installed and running on your phone. Did you have a nandroid backup of it? If you do then just go into recovery and restore that. If not then I'd suggest you go into recovery use this http://db.tt/MgKYWU3N link to download a file to your sd card then flash this first then flash the rom.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
So I'm only guessing here but you said you had cleardroid installed and running on your phone. Did you have a nandroid backup of it? If you do then just go into recovery and restore that. If not then I'd suggest you go into recovery use this http://db.tt/MgKYWU3N link to download a file to your sd card then flash this first then flash the rom.

Thanks, the recovery file seemed to complete. I reflashed my cleardroid zip file and my Inspire is informing me that the install from the SD card is complete. Now all I have to do is reboot my phone and cross my fingers.

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
OK, it's made it to the second boot screen, black with green htc and quietly brilliant scrolling underneath it. However, that is as far as it is going. it keeps reloading this screen, going no further.

Tiger5353

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
OK, it's made it to the second boot screen, black with green htc and quietly brilliant scrolling underneath it. However, that is as far as it is going. it keeps reloading this screen, going no further.

Ok lets go back to the basics just to make sure we are on the same page. First i'm assuming your using clockworkmod recovery to flash the zip i gave you and the rom. Is this correct? Second, how did you get the file i sent you and the cleardroid rom you downloaded onto your sd card? I'm assuming you took the sd card out of your phone and put it in your computers micro-sd card slot, is that correct?

The reason i'm asking is there is more then 1 way to do these things and i want to make sure we know what the other is really saying.

Maybe try a different rom like the one from here. It's what i'm running and i really like it. Don't forget to run that wipe script i sent you first before installing it.

01/08/2012 WCX ILLUMINATI SERIES AT&T Inspire 4G ROM - xda-developers

Let me know if any of this helps

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok lets go back to the basics just to make sure we are on the same page. First i'm assuming your using clockworkmod recovery to flash the zip i gave you and the rom. Is this correct? Second, how did you get the file i sent you and the cleardroid rom you downloaded onto your sd card? I'm assuming you took the sd card out of your phone and put it in your computers micro-sd card slot, is that correct?

The reason i'm asking is there is more then 1 way to do these things and i want to make sure we know what the other is really saying.

Maybe try a different rom like the one from here. It's what i'm running and i really like it. Don't forget to run that wipe script i sent you first before installing it.

01/08/2012 WCX ILLUMINATI SERIES AT&T Inspire 4G ROM - xda-developers

Let me know if any of this helps

I removed the SD card and downloaded the zip file to it via my computer. I installed the card into the phone and accessed the Hboot/recovery via pushing down on the volume key and pushing the power button at the same time. On the SD card I have the Cleardroid ROM zip file that after using the wipe, I attempted to reinstall the ROM zip file.
I have another ROM zip file loaded on the SD card, that I'll try to load. I have rewiped the phone already again so I'll see what happens. If I get the same result, I'll remove the SD card and delete the ROMs using my computer, then load the ROM from xda.

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Success, I loaded the CyanogenMod7 after the wipe and it seems to be working now. I'm going to delete the Cleardroid zip file from the SD card since there seems to be something missing because it would not download completely.
Thank you for the wipe file, that I'm keeping.

Tiger5353

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Success, I loaded the CyanogenMod7 after the wipe and it seems to be working now. I'm going to delete the Cleardroid zip file from the SD card since there seems to be something missing because it would not download completely.
Thank you for the wipe file, that I'm keeping.

Glad I could be of help. Happy flashing :)

Tiger5353

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I may try your ROM you suggested in another post as well. Thanks for that info.

If you do make sure you flash your recovery again from rom manager after the rom install because they install the stock recovery to get the charge animation to work and the stock recovery will not let you flash mods, ect.

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
What I was failing to do after flashing the Cleardroid 1.3.2 was to flash the blue zip file so the download was incomplete. I finally realized what I was forgetting so now I have the beloved Cleardroid 1.3.2 ROM working.
However, the last issue I am having is the status bar is now gone. Am I missing a setting that needs to be activated?

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
OK, I got the status bar back. I redownloaded the Blue ModPack to my SD card. I went into hboot recovery and reflashed Cleardroid 1.3.2 and then flashed the reloaded Blue ModPack that was different from another Modpack zip file that was also on my SD card and my status bar is back.

Hope no one else has to go through this, but now I'm glad I did so I can help the next user out of this hole.
Thanks for all the suggestions from the great members here.

Tiger5353

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
OK, I got the status bar back. I redownloaded the Blue ModPack to my SD card. I went into hboot recovery and reflashed Cleardroid 1.3.2 and then flashed the reloaded Blue ModPack that was different from another Modpack zip file that was also on my SD card and my status bar is back.

Hope no one else has to go through this, but now I'm glad I did so I can help the next user out of this hole.
Thanks for all the suggestions from the great members here.

Glad you got it working again. Sorry I wasn't here to help the last time but had to help out at another board.

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

I was unable to get it back to 100% working condition over the weekend, so this morning, I downloaded the ROM you recommended to my SD card and chose this one, 3.0 Sense Based on 3.12.405.1 with EXT4 support (Quicksall Rcmix kernel v11.1 v2.0)overclocked to 1536 by default. Advanced shut down menu mod,5 bar h+ mod included.
I ran the wipe script you sent me first and then flashed the above ROM. Everything is 100% again and I thank you very much for your assistance and guidance with the wipe script and the link to the ROM you're using. I have to say that I like it even better than the ClearDroid ROM that I thought was the best ever. I like the screen transition even more that the ClearDroid's.

Again, thank you so very much.

Tiger5353

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I was unable to get it back to 100% working condition over the weekend, so this morning, I downloaded the ROM you recommended to my SD card and chose this one, 3.0 Sense Based on 3.12.405.1 with EXT4 support (Quicksall Rcmix kernel v11.1 v2.0)overclocked to 1536 by default. Advanced shut down menu mod,5 bar h+ mod included.
I ran the wipe script you sent me first and then flashed the above ROM. Everything is 100% again and I thank you very much for your assistance and guidance with the wipe script and the link to the ROM you're using. I have to say that I like it even better than the ClearDroid ROM that I thought was the best ever. I like the screen transition even more that the ClearDroid's.

Again, thank you so very much.

No problem glad you like the rom.

ghostryder12

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Again, I want to thank you for guiding me in the correct direction.
I'm upgrading my daughter's phone this weekend and I plan to root, flash the super-wipe just in case, and then flash the same WCX ILLUMINATI ROM for her to get rid of the AT&T bloatware, plus giving her greater battery life. Thanks for the links, instructions, and stress relief getting my Inspire back running correctly.