Hello,

I just rooted my htc inspire 4g last week and successfully flashed the cyanogen mod7 on it.

It has been working great for me so far but, I was thinking of checking out other roms especially miui.

I checked out some of the forums, but there doesnt seem to be a guide or step by step instructions to do the same. There are a few guys who mentioned flashing the inspiremod rom before flashing the miui rom and other folks who mentioned to flash a different kernel . Its got me a bit confused and I was wondering if someone who has flashed the rom could help me out.

As far as my knowledge goes, I thought flashing a rom would just include downloading the rom, booting into recovery, flashing the rom, wiping the cache, dalvik cache and it should be good to go.

Thanks in advance.
    (Please do pardon my ignorance. Im just a newbie.)
    02-12-2012 01:53 PM
    Just out of morbid curiosity, I decided to flash MIUI on my phone.

If you have apps you would like to keep, I recommend downloading and installing Titanium Back up...back dat apps up..lol
    Any way, download MIUI onto you SD card: http://roms.miui.us/romsnippet.php?device=ace
    also download Tiamat Kernel onto your SD card: » HTC MSM7230 Devices

Reboot into recovery, make sure to wipe both the Data/Cache and Davlik (found in advanced).
    Install the MIUI zip, and then install the Tiamat Kernal right after.
    Reboot and enjoy!
    02-15-2012 05:04 AM
    Hello alchemist.

Thank u so much for ur reply....
    But my patience ran out and I ended up flashing the freshly squeezed version of the miui rom which has the lordmod kernel and the inspiremod baked into it.... It seemed to be the latest.... Luckily I had backed up using Titanium beforehand and the reinstall was a breeze

[ROM] MIUI 1.12.30 EN DE v.2: Freshly Squeezed Edition™ 02/01/12 - xda-developers

Seem to love it so far
    02-15-2012 09:21 AM
    Sorry I couldn't get to you sooner. I've been playing around with all the ICS roms here lately...lol
    I'm surprised that no one else tried to help out *shrugs*
    I'm glad the flashing came as easily for you as it did. I may have to try the Fresh Squeezed version at some point....I'm such a ROM-hoe...lmao.

Glad you got it all worked out....Back to Absolution for me!
    noobie_1984 likes this.
    02-15-2012 03:02 PM
    Sorry I couldn't get to you sooner. I've been playing around with all the ICS roms here lately...lol
    I'm surprised that no one else tried to help out *shrugs*
    I'm glad the flashing came as easily for you as it did. I may have to try the Fresh Squeezed version at some point....I'm such a ROM-hoe...lmao.

Glad you got it all worked out....Back to Absolution for me!
    Thats alright...no biggie.
    I was just trying to be too cautious I guess. The fear of bricking my phone seemed to get on my nerves...Forgot that you dont learn unless you do it yourself
    Absolution....hmm.....now you got me thinking ...lol
    02-15-2012 04:55 PM
    Thats alright...no biggie.
    I was just trying to be too cautious I guess. The fear of bricking my phone seemed to get on my nerves...Forgot that you dont learn unless you do it yourself
    Absolution....hmm.....now you got me thinking ...lol
    [ROM/MOD][The Collective] Absolution-2/4/12-Beloved Velvet Leisure Suit - xda-developers
    and they update pretty regularly too
    02-16-2012 11:49 AM
    Thanks alchemist,

Was looking through that since yesterday..
    Do we have any roms that are actually built off ICS? I thought most of them were just gingerbread based with the look and feel and features similar to ICS right?
    02-16-2012 12:09 PM
    Thanks alchemist,

Was looking through that since yesterday..
    Do we have any roms that are actually built off ICS? I thought most of them were just gingerbread based with the look and feel and features similar to ICS right?
    Absolution has their version of ICS (towards the bottom of their first post.
    The are a few others on the XDA site as well...like I said before...I'm quite the ROM-hoe...lol
    noobie_1984 likes this.
    02-16-2012 01:04 PM
    You might think about trying this one out its ICS for the desire hd but works quite well on the inspire as well.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=21517095
    manicalchemist likes this.
    02-16-2012 11:51 PM
    You might think about trying this one out its ICS for the desire hd but works quite well on the inspire as well.

[ROM]13-02-2012 | IceColdSandwich 4.0.3 - 2.0.0 | AOSP + CM + COMMUNITY | ELECTRIC Ed - xda-developers
    That's the one I'm currently playing with
    *pets Tiger*
    02-17-2012 03:37 AM
    Absolution has their version of ICS (towards the bottom of their first post.
    The are a few others on the XDA site as well...like I said before...I'm quite the ROM-hoe...lol
    Checked out the Absolution ICS ROM....
    seems to be working really well...
    Think Im gonna use this as my daily driver.....
    02-18-2012 06:49 PM
    As you are a ROM ho you might want to check out boot manager in the market. You have to pay for it but it's worth every penny. I have 4 rom's on my phone and never have to flash a single one to boot into any of them. You will also need a large microSD card (I have a 32 gig one myself)

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    02-18-2012 10:33 PM
    As you are a ROM ho you might want to check out boot manager in the market. You have to pay for it but it's worth every penny. I have 4 rom's on my phone and never have to flash a single one to boot into any of them. You will also need a large microSD card (I have a 32 gig one myself)

I was actually thinking of moving to a 32gb class 10 card from my present 8gb one.I read about a few folks having issues with being stuck in a boot loop though...did you have any issues upgrading to a new card?
    02-19-2012 01:00 PM
    I was actually thinking of moving to a 32gb class 10 card from my present 8gb one.I read about a few folks having issues with being stuck in a boot loop though...did you have any issues upgrading to a new card?
    No I just copied everything from my 8 gig to my 32 gig first then shut down my phone and replaced it.

Worked fine after that.

02-19-2012 01:08 PM
    No I just copied everything from my 8 gig to my 32 gig first then shut down my phone and replaced it.

Worked fine after that.

Oh...so you did not have to boot into recovery and partition the new card or anything?
    02-19-2012 01:44 PM
    Oh...so you did not have to boot into recovery and partition the new card or anything?
    No just copied all files and folders to the new microSD card then replaced it.

noobie_1984 likes this.
    02-19-2012 01:52 PM

Thanks Tiger...I just downloaded Boot Manager...OMG, you are so right...worth every penny and make my life hella easier!
    I have all my old roms tagged and now The Collective have upped their new creation, Ascension...I'm in love!
    [ROM/MOD][The Collective] Ascension v1.0A2-b1 ICS AOSP 2/19/2012 - xda-developers
    02-20-2012 02:53 PM
    Thanks Tiger...I just downloaded Boot Manager...OMG, you are so right...worth every penny and make my life hella easier!
    I have all my old roms tagged and now The Collective have upped their new creation, Ascension...I'm in love!
    [ROM/MOD][The Collective] Ascension v1.0A2-b1 ICS AOSP 2/19/2012 - xda-developers
    Just tried it looks about the same as IceColdSandwich. But I put it in slot 4 of boot manager. Will see how they progress.

Nice thing about boot manager you can update the roms without having to flash them. Have updated IceColdSandwich twice now with no problem.

02-20-2012 05:09 PM
    Just tried it looks about the same as IceColdSandwich. But I put it in slot 4 of boot manager. Will see how they progress.

Nice thing about boot manager you can update the roms without having to flash them. Have updated IceColdSandwich twice now with no problem.

Tell me more of this updating via Boot Manager, you speak of.
    02-20-2012 09:34 PM
    Tell me more of this updating via Boot Manager, you speak of.
    When you see an update for a rom just download it then go into boot manager then the slot you want to update select install zip. Point it to the rom and make sure you select wipe cache. Let it finish then boot rom. You now have a updated rom and best of all your programs and data is still intact

02-20-2012 09:45 PM
    When you see an update for a rom just download it then go into boot manager then the slot you want to update select install zip. Point it to the rom and make sure you select wipe cache. Let it finish then boot rom. You now have a updated rom and best of all your programs and data is still intact

*swoons* Myyyy hero!
    02-20-2012 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD