i'm new and this is my first time rooting i been watching this video and i've done everything up to about 7:36 of the video and wanna know what he did right there he says something like "change directory to our root folder" and then starts to type stuff in and what i wanna know is what do i have to type in right there before i start to type in the hackerize-ace setup-downgrade thanks i really would appreciate the help

here's the video i watched
    02-25-2011 06:09 AM
    If I remember the video correctly, you have to type cd and then the location of your root kit folder. Example cd c: then where the folder is located. An easy way to find this info would be to right click on the folder you made for the hack kit and copy and paste the location info into the command line.
    02-25-2011 07:56 AM
    Yep or in my case (using my Windows XP Pro machine) just right click on the hack kit folder and click "open command prompt" and it starts the command prompt in the root folder
    02-25-2011 12:43 PM
    i don't know what i could be doing wrong i right clicked on my folder (the hack kit) location thats on my desktop the root folder is inside that folder so could i be doing it wrong by not right clicking on the root folder thats inside the hack kit folder? and another question could it be that i delayed too long to try and root it again and have to start all over cause i haven't tried to root since i got stuck any answers would be gladly appreciated
    03-01-2011 09:30 AM
    There is also a one click method on the xda site now. I used it and it worked.
    youngforcers likes this.
    03-01-2011 11:10 AM
    you need to hold down the shift key while right clicking on the folder to get the open in command prompt option
    03-01-2011 05:21 PM
    There is also a one click method on the xda site now. I used it and it worked.
    I've seen a couple.. Super One Click, and bubby's.. Which did you try?
    03-01-2011 09:48 PM
    I used Bubby's method and it worked flawlessly for me. You just have to make sure you follow all of the steps exactly as they're laid out and you'll be rooted.

[DEV][GUI][BETA][GPL][2-28-2011] HTC Inspire 4G Simple One Click - xda-developers
    03-02-2011 06:54 AM
    I've seen a couple.. Super One Click, and bubby's.. Which did you try?
    I tried attn1's process first but couldn't get it to work. Then bubby came out with his and it worked. It's a very easy process and I would recommend using it.
    03-02-2011 07:30 AM
    yep...bubby's worked well for me. have to create a gold card first. and the carefully follow the directions.
    03-02-2011 11:11 AM
    Took about five hours to root this last night, but I'm in!
    03-04-2011 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD