One Click Root

_berver

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll try it out and update. Thanks for your help!

Awesome, that seems to have worked. Thanks a lot misterbbq!

Last edited:

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Any news on this one click?

There is a one click out. You can find it here. [DEV][GUI][RC1][GPL][3-03-2011] HTC Inspire 4G Simple Root and S-OFF - xda-developers

Before you start, you understand the risks in rooting correct? If not, there is a thread on here describing what rooting does and what it does to your warranty.

The key to a successful root is getting a good goldcard which can be a pain but once you have one, you're golden. It's hit or miss it seems getting one to work. I've heard Kingston cards work great as do the ones that come with the Inspire. I had to use one from a BlackBerry I had 3 years ago to make it work. Just the way it works.

Do yourself a huge favor and READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY AND DON"T SKIP STEPS!!! I can't stress that enough. Lots of the issues people are having is because they get impatient or they won't bother reading what they need to do or not do. You can go to post# 1466 as the previous posts dealt with the earlier builds. From that post on deals with this build that is up for download. I know it's about 50 or so pages of stuff to read but it will only help you in the long run. If you get stuck somewhere, leave a post on there and someone will try to help you. Good luck!

Can anyone help me through this process? What I'll need before attempting it and so forth. I'm on a Mac btw.

I'm not 100% sure the method I'm talking about above works on a Mac right now. You can check it out to see though.

blueluck77

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
ill copy and past from the Dev forums.

original question:
OK for some reason, it copied the backup and the p98img.zip to the sd card but it just sits at the HBOOT screen, and I end up having to remove the battery to get the phone to restart. I read the FAQ but it just says install the zip file on the root of the sdcard and reboot, it just reboots normally, well slower bc fast boot is off. Anyone know what this solution would be?

response:
Originally Posted by ClearD
Did you press the power button once like the program says to? That will take you to the next menu in hboot, and after about 5 seconds or so, it will search for/install the PD98IMG.zip file.

And fastboot is turned off, correct?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

response from me:
Yes, it never searches for the zip file, it just sits there. I push the power button and it changes. then I hit enter on the computer and nothing happens on the phone, no matter how long I wait.

I will try again once i get home from work with the new one.

response:
Im having the same issue you having. did you get any answer to your question? my stay at the HBoot screen and nothing happenes. Please let me know.

response from me:
No it just sits at the HBOOT screen i push the power button once and it never searches for the zip file, its been sitting on the screen for 20 minutes still not searching for anything. Any suggestions???

response from me:
I searched my computer for PD98IMG.zip and found it in this folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\resources\required

I then closed the cmd window and put the usb connection on the phone into Disk Drive mode and I opened up the SD Card from my computer. I found that it was already there and but the file size was not the same. So I deleted the file and copied it manually from the above path to the sd card. Once it was there I disconnected the phone and booted into Hboot. I did this by turning off the phone and then pressing the power button while holding the volume down button. It still hangs at the HBOOT screen.

blueluck77

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
ill copy and past from the Dev forums.

original question:
OK for some reason, it copied the backup and the p98img.zip to the sd card but it just sits at the HBOOT screen, and I end up having to remove the battery to get the phone to restart. I read the FAQ but it just says install the zip file on the root of the sdcard and reboot, it just reboots normally, well slower bc fast boot is off. Anyone know what this solution would be?

response:
Originally Posted by ClearD
Did you press the power button once like the program says to? That will take you to the next menu in hboot, and after about 5 seconds or so, it will search for/install the PD98IMG.zip file.

And fastboot is turned off, correct?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

response from me:
Yes, it never searches for the zip file, it just sits there. I push the power button and it changes. then I hit enter on the computer and nothing happens on the phone, no matter how long I wait.

I will try again once i get home from work with the new one.

response:
Im having the same issue you having. did you get any answer to your question? my stay at the HBoot screen and nothing happenes. Please let me know.

response from me:
No it just sits at the HBOOT screen i push the power button once and it never searches for the zip file, its been sitting on the screen for 20 minutes still not searching for anything. Any suggestions???

response from me:
I searched my computer for PD98IMG.zip and found it in this folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\resources\required

I then closed the cmd window and put the usb connection on the phone into Disk Drive mode and I opened up the SD Card from my computer. I found that it was already there and but the file size was not the same. So I deleted the file and copied it manually from the above path to the sd card. Once it was there I disconnected the phone and booted into Hboot. I did this by turning off the phone and then pressing the power button while holding the volume down button. It still hangs at the HBOOT screen.

It doesn't really say anything at the HBOOT screen, it just sits there. I figured I would let it wait, it never searches for the zip file. I let it sit there for 20min yesterday and still nothing.

devgru82

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I ran into the same problem with my friends Inspire, and it turned out the Gold Card wasnt right. So I made another one and voila!

Jimbo5000

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
A couple tips I found in post #1006 from the xda forum thread on the one click root method:

1) if you can use a sd card usb reader to make the card. using your phone is iffy at best.
2) the 8gb card that came with it IS BEST USE IT
3) when the process is done in windows right click on the drive in my computer and click EJECT wait for it to say you can safely remove it.
4) DONT RUSH this takes time so give it time
5) when you put the card back in your phone.. your PHONE SHOULD BE OFF
6) always wait for your phone to finish preparing your card for use before starting the process.

There's some other links in that post as well to guide you through the process, although I haven't tried it (yet) myself.

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
So can I use the one click root then flash Lee-Droid instead of the stock thing on the last step or would that mess up my phone?