One Click Root

blue - did it work for you? i mean sweet has only 3 posts and no one else commented...

as far as the program - I tried downloading it form shortfuse . org (which is the site linked in the original XDA post on this 1 click root) and my antivirus finds "exploit.linux.lotoor.g" virus in it while it downloads ... i can't DL from xda cuz i forgot my password there ... and once downloaded, i can't extract the zipped files, though i can see the file list ... what up with that???

Update: - Kasperksy (antivirus) was set to auto-delete viruses, so it was corrupting the zip files i dl ... looks like super-1-click roof works indeed - MAKE SURE u change the exploit to "rageagainstthecage" for it to work...

UPDATE 2 - after rebooting the phone superuser is gone ... this root does not work

Last edited:

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I used is one click root [DEV][GUI][BETA][GPL][2-28-2011] HTC Inspire 4G Simple One Click - xda-developers. Its a three step process. I got it to work on the first time. If you use it, do not close out the first command prompt. Leave it open and go on to the exploit. Once you are done with the exploit come back to the first prompt and finish the process.

^This. I used it and it worked fine. You absolutely have to have a gold card that works. If you don't make the gold card right, rooting won't work.

blueluck77

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I havent tried to root it at all yet, as I am picking up my phone tomorrow morning. I just wanted to be prepared to get that done first as soon as i open the box, screenshots are essential to me.

blueluck77

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
blue - did it work for you? i mean sweet has only 3 posts and no one else commented...

as far as the program - I tried downloading it form shortfuse . org (which is the site linked in the original XDA post on this 1 click root) and my antivirus finds "exploit.linux.lotoor.g" virus in it while it downloads ... i can't DL from xda cuz i forgot my password there ... and once downloaded, i can't extract the zipped files, though i can see the file list ... what up with that???

Update: - Kasperksy (antivirus) was set to auto-delete viruses, so it was corrupting the zip files i dl ... looks like super-1-click roof works indeed - MAKE SURE u change the exploit to "rageagainstthecage" for it to work...

UPDATE 2 - after rebooting the phone superuser is gone ... this root does not work

It would show up as a virus bc it IS an exploit, but its the good kind.

_berver

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
ok i used bubby's one-click method and it flashed that PD98IMG.zip, the phone rebooted and thats as far as it went. Now i dont have sound and being new to rooting and android in general, i have no idea what to do next. Right now im going to switch over to my iPhone until I can get this straightened out. Anyone know what I should do?

misterbbq

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
reconnect your phone, run the one click again and hit the 'exploit' button (i think that's what it is called). this should finish up the rooting (read the directions in the dos prompt that remains open). you still need to do the step that flashes the stock rom onto your phone to get your sound back.

_berver

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
reconnect your phone, run the one click again and hit the 'exploit' button (i think that's what it is called). this should finish up the rooting (read the directions in the dos prompt that remains open). you still need to do the step that flashes the stock rom onto your phone to get your sound back.

Where is this exploit button? I see "downgrade, S-OFF, Clockwork, stock, Root". This is the one I used the first time around. Thanks for the quick reply

misterbbq

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
the version i used has a button called 'exploit' right below the 'downgrade, s-off, clockwork, stock, root' button. it's 'step 2' i guess. you may have a different version than i have. does yours have an annoying john mayer song playing over and over?

_berver

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. I don't have speakers haha. But I definitely don't have that button :/ my number 2 is an "options" button with some "experimental" tools. No exploit or anything like that in there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2