Will rooting My evo...

Lord Magnus

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Allow me to load unsigned content or will I still need to use the sideloading wonder machine? Sorry for the noob question.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk.

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
i mean u can sideload apps that aint approved by the amrket, without rooting...just enable it in th application settings......

Lord Magnus

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
AT&T disabled this possibility on all of their phones through an update. So, no more sideloading. The only allowed Apps are the ones at the market. I was wondering if that checkbox you guys are talking about will be available once rooted or maybe load a different/model version of my Rom that will let me sideload without saying that stupid message "For security, your phone is set to not allow installation of applications that are not obtained through Android Market".

AT&T used to allow this, but all the new phones are already coming out without that checkbox that gives you the option to sideload.

ps: I do know where that option on the settings used to be. Please understand that my problem is that it isn't there anymore, not that I can't find it or don't know where its at.

Thanks for all your help.

Lord Magnus

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks 4 the move, friend. I'm new here and still can't find where this ATT forum is.

I do have one of the evos 4G w/o the front camera, by the way.

Thanks again on any light shed. I'm new to all this smart phone world.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You have an inspire 4g by att not an evo, and to answer your question. Rooting will allow non market apps.

Goodluck, seems like you got alot to read and learn. But don't worry, it'll come to ya :p

Lord Magnus

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I used to be on the know of all the world of electronics had to offer, but not even remembering the phone I got..... shame on me!
I must be getting old.
Now I see why I could not find the ATT forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463