bubby's simple root- got my vote

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I got to say bubby's simple root is really easy. I helped a Guy I work with root his inspire and the only problem we had was making the GC recognized the HTC drivers.

It's a really nice program. You don't even have to be a computer tech to run it. Just be able to follow instructions.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I got to say bubby's simple root is really easy. I helped a Guy I work with root his inspire and the only problem we had was making the GC recognized the HTC drivers.

It's a really nice program. You don't even have to be a computer tech to run it. Just be able to follow instructions.

Yep. That's what I used. That kid knows his stuff and it's even more amazing that he doesn't even have this phone and he still made this.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
and where can I find said root? :)

Not trying to take over the inspire's forum but you'll know when it says s-off, such app, clockworkmod installed, and another option would be to download the terminal emulater from the market. Once open you'll see a $, type such then enter. That $ sign will change to a #. That is another way of checking. Think that about covers how to check for root.

ngravatt

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
bubby's one click root

i am still waiting for a true one click root. i have customized my phone a don't want to have to set it up again. back with my tilt 2, i flashed it every week and then spent 2 or 3 hours putting icons in their place and going to through the setup screens on the programs i reinstalled.

with bubby's one click program, does it flash a new rom that is at the factory defaults?

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
i am still waiting for a true one click root. i have customized my phone a don't want to have to set it up again. back with my tilt 2, i flashed it every week and then spent 2 or 3 hours putting icons in their place and going to through the setup screens on the programs i reinstalled.

with bubby's one click program, does it flash a new rom that is at the factory defaults?

Yes. All new ROMs are going to reset everything. There really is no way around that. You can keep your apps and data if you back them up in Titanium Backup prior to flashing the new ROM. That's as close as you're gonna get.

Also, bubby's method is probably about as close to one click as it's gonna get. It's a very simple process.

Reactions: ngravatt

UltraDroid

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't exactly call Bubby's method "easy". I'm no tech wiz, but I have three other Android phones which I rooted, and in my opinion, the rooting of the HTC Inspire was the most difficult bit of rooting I've ever done. Even with the relative ease of Bubby's application, it took me the better part of an hour to root my Inspire following the rather convoluted instructions. Oh it worked, but man - it was a BEAR to get through.

-Mike

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't exactly call Bubby's method "easy". I'm no tech wiz, but I have three other Android phones which I rooted, and in my opinion, the rooting of the HTC Inspire was the most difficult bit of rooting I've ever done. Even with the relative ease of Bubby's application, it took me the better part of an hour to root my Inspire following the rather convoluted instructions. Oh it worked, but man - it was a BEAR to get through.

-Mike

I think I say it's easy because I tried the hack kit first. That had me crapping bricks.

mizmellyjelly

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
i was nervous about rooting my htc but im so glad i saw this thread. it was easier than i expected! now i just need to find a decent rom to install =D

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
i was nervous about rooting my htc but im so glad i saw this thread. it was easier than i expected! now i just need to find a decent rom to install =D

I recommend this one : [rom/kernel] di11is nonsense v1.0 light/FAST/stable - xda-developers
I'm currently running that one.

This one is his Sense version: [rom/kernel]*d.i.l.l.i.g.a.f* v2.0-rom/kernel 4/4/11 OC 1.8ghz/UV - xda-developers

And this one: [ROM] LeeDrOiD 4G v2.2.2 [Kernel] LeeDrOiD v2.2.9 | 29th March >>>> EPIC <<<< - xda-developers

I've only used those 3 so far. The other ones on there are quite popular as well. Make sure you read the instructions and you'll be golden. :D

Goodeye

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes his root was crazy easy. I just got my inspire 4G friday, rooted it on Sunday, rooted just so I could install from 3rd party sources. No rom for me right now.

bhayden25

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I am having a problem rooting my device. Im using the simple one click tool. But i get to the point where my phone doesn't recognize the PND98.zip file or whatever its called. Its not able to find it and i have followed all the other steps. My anti virus and the firewall were both turned off.

jluke86

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It worked for me, took about 45 min but following the video linked in bubba's post made it straight forward enough. Definitely was easier than when I tried to use the other method.