Can someone confirm this works?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
No longer relevant. See last post.
If you have time, can someone try this out for me?

You need to be rooted first (I highly doubt the root function will work), but using the enable non-market apps button works on the Captivate, and I don't see why it wouldn't here.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Download this file, open SuperOneClick, plug in your phone with USB debugging enabled, and hit the button. Let me know what happens (and if sideloading works). You won't see a menu option in the settings. Thanks!

Last edited:

genuino

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Wish I can confirm, read about it and it should work because works for the Desire HD, basically the same phone, will give it a try tomorrow, if it doesn't work, I can bring back my Inspire to stock.
Will report back, wish me luck :).

Reactions: ls377

haxle

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
ATT removed the enable non-market apps on the inspire for some reason... usual fix to get around that is to use side load wonder machine via adb

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
ATT removed the enable non-market apps on the inspire for some reason... usual fix to get around that is to use side load wonder machine via adb

That's the point. If you're rooted, this is supposed to enable sideloading. I'm trying to get people to test it on each phone.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If you're rooted, you ought to just be able to enable sideloading - it shouldn't require anything else.

It's not like the option magically appears when you root, you still have to do something to get it. Rooting just gives you the ability to do something.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
You can use SWM even if you're not rooted. I have. Just follow the SWM install instructions in the android applcations stickie.

I know, but you have to have a computer to hook it to. This is supposed to enable it on the phone, so there's no need for the SWM.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
This thread is no longer relevant. I'm posting a method that's guaranteed to enable sideloading on any phone