Rooting and 2.2.1

genuino

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with my phone, but I would like to root it just to freeze bloatware and be able to use Titanium for full back up with app settings, not to flash roms or anything more. I did the bubby's simple root without success, so I'm back to stock AT&T rom. After reading a little bit on it, I noticed that quite a few people did it without a problem, but those were on 2.2 or 2.1, my Inspire is on 2.2.1 and kept telling me that can't do it because was too new of a firmware.
Questions is, is that a new HTC anti-rooting move with 2.2.1? I know that part of rooting the Inspire is to downgrade first, root it and flash a ROM of your likings. Downgrading on a phone on 2.2.1 doesn't work, am I the only one with this issue? I guess I'll be waiting for an update on rooting or for Unrevoked to be updated for the Inspire.
I've seen using SDK and/or ADB to get rid of or renaming apps (freezing them) without rooting, is that even possible?
Help is appreciated.

blueluck77

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Eventually there has to be an easier way to root the phone. I just want to be able to take screen shots on the fly, not when I am plugged into the computer using the SDK