Rooted, a couple questions regarding clockworkmod and boot animation.

Wired4Speed

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, I am rooted using bubbas simple method. I have yet to flash a custom rom still running 2.2.1 w sense. I have read in multiple rom threads that many people don't like clockwork mod and suggest finding a different way to go about this, but all the tutorials show you how by using rom manager and clockwork mod. What are your thoughts on this.

Also how would one flash the boot animation? Does this differ from rom to rom or is this a static file between all roms? Does anyone have a good spot to find those animations other then just searching xda-developers?

Thanks in advance.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been using clockwork mod since I rooted back in February and have had zero issues. Some ROMs require a different version on CWM but you can switch those from within CWM itself so it's no biggie. I know there have been issues with the newer 3.0.2.5 recovery version and some devs recommend not using it to flash their ROMs. Again, not a biggie. Oh, this came out yesterday DO NOT PARTITION YOUR SD CARD IN CWM!!!! It will brick your phone.

The boot animation is something I have never toyed around with except in the MIUI ROM but that's just a simple change in the theme editor. To change the boot animation you have to flash something in the bootloader I believe. I would ask the dev of the specific ROM you're thinking about. They will know more about it as it's their work.

Wired4Speed

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I did read that also about partitioning. They released another update for RomManager last night but the fixes did not show anything about a fix for that. Does that issue exist with just our phones or all devices?

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I did read that also about partitioning. They released another update for RomManager last night but the fixes did not show anything about a fix for that. Does that issue exist with just our phones or all devices?

I'm not real sure what phones it affects besides ours.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000