LG Star video (not ours)

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else think this thing screams iPhone with the app drawer open?

Just read the front page...front AND rear 8MP cameras? That's insane. Looks like a beast of a phone.

Last edited:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Not nearly as much as the Galaxy S series. At least this one swipes up and down. Stock TouchWiz is left and right just like the iPhone. :confused:

Good point...makes me wonder if they are making UI's similar to the iPhone on purpose.

You're right though, it does look eerily like Touchwiz. Wonder what Samsung is going to say about that.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Well, if Apple hasn't said anything about Samsungs blatant taking of the iOS UI (especially since Apple is lawsuit-happy), Samsung may very well keep mum about it too.

Either way I really wish companies would stop trying to be like the iPhone or mock it. If I wanted the iPhone, I'd have an iPhone.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Apple hasn't said anything YET. If I remember right, it took them a few months to sue Motorola. But I agree, I wish Android phones would avoid iPhone-ness as much as possible, especially with the UI.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having troubles getting the stills at the bottom of the page to load? I click on them and all I get is a mashed together version of the x and right arrow, but no image.

But in reference to the phone, I think this thing looks really good, so now we just need to hear if/when it's coming to the states.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Oh, for the love of ... Yes, the launcher is a grid of icons and words. Just like the iPhone -- and just about every other Android launcher. Actually, I like LG's a lot from when I had the Optimus Z.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I like it screw the launcher their are to many replacements. Makes me wonder how a cdma version would be

I was thinking the same, but that notification bar and lock-screen are seriously killing it. I cannot believe LG has always made their phones stock with minor add ons and finally a really high end device that possibly could come to the US is screwed up. Good job LG.

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Apple won't say anything about Samsung because Samsung provides them with hardware components, if Apple did then no more support from Samsung.

I can however see them going after LG, but I don't think Samsung's Touchwiz is the original Apple UI copycat.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Apple won't say anything about Samsung because Samsung provides them with hardware components, if Apple did then no more support from Samsung.

I can however see them going after LG, but I don't think Samsung's Touchwiz is the original Apple UI copycat.

I'll try and find it again, but there was a device that hit Korea earlier this year that literally was a COMPLETE iPhone knockoff. Even some of the icons on the interface were exactly the same. Not to mention the phone ran like garbage...

But I think you're right about the Samsung thing, and even I don't think Apple is THAT stupid...

Panthersfan86

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I think you are right on the money with apple and Samsung, but as far as LG goes i think that they did it because people myself included seem to like that particular setup. they don't do it to mock the iphone or try to copycat the iphone, but because it is well received by consumers. Apple was just the company that thought of that particular setup first, that doesn't mean anyone else who uses it is trying replicate it tit for tat, if anything it is a compliment to apple. And really how much more can they change the dock and four buttons aside from putting them up the right or left side of the screen or the top of the screen, and unless they make the dock slide diagonally how will they change that? its either gonna go right and left or up and down. you guys should really consider these things before you go bashing LG for copying apple when all they have really done is create an amazing device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome