01-13-2011 02:50 PM
52 123
tools
    I'm hoping that this and the Motorola Olympus will go to AT&T.....would make sense of the silence about android devices from AT&T.........they gotta get on this train already!!
    12-16-2010 06:17 PM
    Hopefully it isn't another "entry-level android device". LG needs to make a POWERHOUSE. They make 1GHZ on Windows phones, why can't they do it on an Android one??? I hope this phone is good!
    12-16-2010 07:13 PM
    Hopefully it isn't another "entry-level android device". LG needs to make a POWERHOUSE. They make 1GHZ on Windows phones, why can't they do it on an Android one??? I hope this phone is good!
    Dual core 1ghz tegra two. It IS a powerhouse. Please read before you post.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    12-16-2010 07:15 PM
    Cant wait to see how much this thing can pump out over clocked.... *faints*
    12-17-2010 08:17 PM
    Oh man this will be a beast now to see if lg launches an us equivalent
    12-18-2010 05:13 PM
    +1. I'm on T-mobile and very unhappy with the Edge data in my town. I am tempted by the $99 Evo now. I was going to go get it today but then it snowed so I came home early. I think it was a sign that I should wait.
    I think the weather is plotting against you.

I say get the Evo
    12-22-2010 01:43 PM
    In a summary:
    Plain ugly boring
    The only thing that attracts me are the specs but it is too plain. And I really only want pure google phones
    12-24-2010 08:00 PM
    In a summary:
    Plain ugly boring
    The only thing that attracts me are the specs but it is too plain. And I really only want pure google phones
    LG's never been too thrilling with the looks of their phones, bar some non-android ones. Then again shouldn't it be the specs that attract you?

Yeah, wish it would use pure android gingerbread though
    12-25-2010 03:07 PM
    LG's never been too thrilling with the looks of their phones, bar some non-android ones. Then again shouldn't it be the specs that attract you?

Yeah, wish it would use pure android gingerbread though
    Specs should attract me but im not like that. I am not a normal phone buyer. I like specs but I am more into the phones design. Like the droid series. They have good specs but they are too boring for me. I like A design. Dont get me wrong I dont want a cool designed phone and horriblr specs because specs are important. That's why I like the nexus s because the design is preety cool and it has really good specs. I am sometimes more attracted to design than specs.
    12-25-2010 10:28 PM
    I don't understand how anyone can think its ugly when it looks so similar to the other hot looking smartphones that are popular right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    12-25-2010 11:35 PM
    I don't understand how anyone can think its ugly when it looks so similar to the other hot looking smartphones that are popular right now.

Didnt we have this long talk about LG? they make good toasters, tvs and fridges but america isnt ready for a high end device from the "other" korean company.. lol
    01-02-2011 10:54 PM
    Didnt we have this long talk about LG? they make good toasters, tvs and fridges but america isnt ready for a high end device from the "other" korean company.. lol
    Man, you're a hater! lol, but yes, they do make a good tv. I bought a 42 inch LED, Internet tv from them a few months ago.
    01-02-2011 11:00 PM
    LG has high end devices here already :cough: winmo :cough:

I think they make solid devices.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    01-05-2011 05:43 PM
    I can't bring myself to trust LG. Every phone from them i've had from them fails completely within a year of owning it. The battery life is mostly poor and the phones always restart or shut off for no reason. It may be a great phone but I would take a samsung over it any day.
    Optimus s is the first smartphone i've had and so far i think it has been pretty reliable. If i could have the Optimus s with better specs like the optimus 2x then i think i wouldn't have a problem with the LG. Cross my fingers that it will come to sprint and maybe i will get it when i upgrade.
    01-06-2011 12:26 AM
    Does lg lock bootloader like moto?

01-06-2011 02:40 AM
    Finally a phone that might make me leave my HTC EVO 4G.
    01-06-2011 04:33 PM
    Does lg lock bootloader like moto?

They didn't on the Optimus S/T.
    01-06-2011 06:00 PM
    Just out of curiosity, I know LG doesn't have many Android phones Optimus, Ally, and maybe a couple others I can't think of. What has been their track record on updates? We know HTC and Motorola have been pretty good while Sony and Samsung have not had the best track record on releasing updates. (Yes, I know it isn't entirely on the manufacturer as the carrier has some to do with the updates as well)
    01-06-2011 06:49 PM
    Gameplay = FTW

This is going to beat all the phones in shops D:
    01-07-2011 11:09 AM
    Looks great. However its hard for me to play action games on a smartphone because the screens are so small. Would work great on a tablet.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    01-07-2011 11:13 AM
    1500ma. I'm not sure if the efficiency of tegra 2 but it doesn't seem like enough. Dual 1ghz cores? Look at the battery life of a single 1ghz proc. My guess us you'll get AT MOST 75% of that battery life. So if you get 12 hours now expect 9.

Sent from my myTouch 4G
    Precisely. You dont know enough so dont make ridiculously naive statements. Nvidia has done an entire write-up on the power benefits of the Tegra2 explaining how dual cores actually SAVES battery because both cores can run at lower speeds. I own the G-tablet which has Tegra2 and i get 3 full days of use out of 1 charge. Im a firm believer in Tegra2 which makes me even more excited about the Optimus 2x.

Taylor over at androidandme.com did a whole article on Tegra2 a month or two ago. Check it out
    01-08-2011 06:28 PM
    This phone looks good but I'm going to wait and see about the dual processors. I just don't need that kind of power in a phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    01-08-2011 10:40 PM
    Precisely. You dont know enough so dont make ridiculously naive statements. Nvidia has done an entire write-up on the power benefits of the Tegra2 explaining how dual cores actually SAVES battery because both cores can run at lower speeds. I own the G-tablet which has Tegra2 and i get 3 full days of use out of 1 charge. Im a firm believer in Tegra2 which makes me even more excited about the Optimus 2x.

Taylor over at androidandme.com did a whole article on Tegra2 a month or two ago. Check it out
    That's not even the name of the tablet. Don't spread bull**** there's no way you could have it.

01-11-2011 10:13 AM
    That's not even the name of the tablet. Don't spread bull**** there's no way you could have it.

actually he's right... Meet the ViewSonic gtablet - gtablet

although i dont know if the claims are right, since that viewsonic tablet runs froyo and i dont think froyo supports dualcore
    01-11-2011 01:30 PM
    Just out of curiosity, I know LG doesn't have many Android phones Optimus, Ally, and maybe a couple others I can't think of. What has been their track record on updates?
    i had a update when i first got my phone then nothing else. i haven't got the 2.3 update if that's your question. I'm sure that will be awhile. Otherwise they don't really put too many out. i haven't had the phone for that long so I can't say too much.
    01-11-2011 03:52 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD