What's everyone think about the LG Optimus 2X?

uberspeed

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I think you guys should read up on how Tegra 2 chips work. The two cores work together to split processing loads, frequently under clocking when not needed, to conserve battery. It is likely that if you use your phone the same exact way on a dual that you do on a single, you will see both better performance and longer battery life.

Read up on it and while it sounds great it's all still theoretical. I have high hopes it works as advertised though!

sookster54

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
LG is actually a decent cell company, the Shine Plus I have now is a pretty sweet phone (one of the best keyboards) and I had a couple flip phones in the psat and they were reliable, and the Optimus One sells at a smashing price.

With LG being the first to hit the consumer market with Tegra2 and dual core, they'll probably sell more than the Nexus S. Only thing that bugs me is to why they adapted that god awful UI over their previous one (one with the black dock like on the Ally and Shine Plus), however as far as I know LG were the first to develop the iOS copycat before Samsung.

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
The LG Optimus is actually a good mid-range phone and I have considered it, but not if there is a better version coming. I hope they dont make this another GSM only phone.

el_ote

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Now that the dual core phones have been released, i am hoping that the "etna" will soon follow. I believe somewhere here i read that this is going to AT&T, thats why im waiting on the etna for Verizon
:confused:

edit!!! if I was on AT&T i would jump on this... I love the design on top of the dual core insides!!!

anon(11517)

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Orion is being released when? And I swear if Sprint gets the optimus 2x, I will cry tears of joy.

+1. I'm on T-mobile and very unhappy with the Edge data in my town. I am tempted by the $99 Evo now. I was going to go get it today but then it snowed so I came home early. I think it was a sign that I should wait.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping that this and the Motorola Olympus will go to AT&T.....would make sense of the silence about android devices from AT&T.........they gotta get on this train already!!

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully it isn't another "entry-level android device". LG needs to make a POWERHOUSE. They make 1GHZ on Windows phones, why can't they do it on an Android one??? I hope this phone is good!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully it isn't another "entry-level android device". LG needs to make a POWERHOUSE. They make 1GHZ on Windows phones, why can't they do it on an Android one??? I hope this phone is good!

Dual core 1ghz tegra two. It IS a powerhouse. Please read before you post.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
+1. I'm on T-mobile and very unhappy with the Edge data in my town. I am tempted by the $99 Evo now. I was going to go get it today but then it snowed so I came home early. I think it was a sign that I should wait.

I think the weather is plotting against you.

I say get the Evo :D

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
In a summary:
Plain ugly boring
The only thing that attracts me are the specs but it is too plain. And I really only want pure google phones

grajasekar

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
In a summary:
Plain ugly boring
The only thing that attracts me are the specs but it is too plain. And I really only want pure google phones

LG's never been too thrilling with the looks of their phones, bar some non-android ones. Then again shouldn't it be the specs that attract you?

Yeah, wish it would use pure android gingerbread though :(

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
LG's never been too thrilling with the looks of their phones, bar some non-android ones. Then again shouldn't it be the specs that attract you?

Yeah, wish it would use pure android gingerbread though :(

Specs should attract me but im not like that. I am not a normal phone buyer. I like specs but I am more into the phones design. Like the droid series. They have good specs but they are too boring for me. I like A design. Dont get me wrong I dont want a cool designed phone and horriblr specs because specs are important. That's why I like the nexus s because the design is preety cool and it has really good specs. I am sometimes more attracted to design than specs.

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand how anyone can think its ugly when it looks so similar to the other hot looking smartphones that are popular right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand how anyone can think its ugly when it looks so similar to the other hot looking smartphones that are popular right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Didnt we have this long talk about LG? they make good toasters, tvs and fridges but america isnt ready for a high end device from the "other" korean company.. lol

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Didnt we have this long talk about LG? they make good toasters, tvs and fridges but america isnt ready for a high end device from the "other" korean company.. lol

Man, you're a hater! lol, but yes, they do make a good tv. I bought a 42 inch LED, Internet tv from them a few months ago.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

LG has high end devices here already :cough: winmo :cough:

I think they make solid devices.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't bring myself to trust LG. Every phone from them i've had from them fails completely within a year of owning it. The battery life is mostly poor and the phones always restart or shut off for no reason. It may be a great phone but I would take a samsung over it any day.

Optimus s is the first smartphone i've had and so far i think it has been pretty reliable. If i could have the Optimus s with better specs like the optimus 2x then i think i wouldn't have a problem with the LG. Cross my fingers that it will come to sprint and maybe i will get it when i upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy