Storage issues

ailurophile

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus T from T-Mobile, that I got about a month ago, in June 2011. It's my second Android phone; I previously had a MyTouch,
I'm eager to learn more about Android.
I'm having storage issues with my phone. I get a message saying that I'm low on space, and one that says my text message box is full.
I did research on the space issue, and one recommendation was to clear out email boxes of old stuff. I did that this morning, with no resolution to the storage problem. I cannot download any more apps. I've moved all available apps to the SD Card (which is using 2GB of 7GB, so that's not the source of the problem). I also uninstalled some apps today, but that didn't resolve the problem. The only other solution I can think of is to remove the bloatware, but that involves rooting the phone.
I use Google Voice, and all of those folders are empty. I use ChmpSMS, and I have no stray texts hanging out there. I've never used the default SMS app on the phone, but there aren't any messages there either. How can my SMS box be full if it's empty?
Anybody got any ideas? I'd love to read them.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Check out your default text application. I have seen some phones not fully delete all the text messages from there when you are using a replacment application.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Reactions: ailurophile

ailurophile

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Check out your default text application. I have seen some phones not fully delete all the text messages from there when you are using a replacment application.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
There were no messages lurking in the default SMS folder, but I discovered the its setting allowed it to save 200 messages! I changed that to the minimum of 10, and changed other settings too. From my research, this seems to be a problem with certain Android phones. I've seen no permanent solutions, just drastic ones that involve bringing it down or close to factory settings, which basically means starting over. I've done that on my computers often, but never so soon after obtaining them.