new to android

tyler0630

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Hello, I had a chance to play with the Motorola Droid and the Droid Eris-

and I cant wait to own one for myself this Friday.

I have been a blackberry user for the last 6 years, and i will be sad to not keep my storm 2, but honestly the web browsing on the droid is what sold me.

It is scary fast.

vzwdroidtech

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Another defector in progress here. Just ordered my DROID by Motorola, can't wait for Monday! It will be hard to say goodbye to my Storm until I have about 2-3 hours to get acquainted with my new friend. Besides, gotta know it to support it! You will be seeing me frequently on these forums, so until the next time, Cheers!

Hankster

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
If you're wondering about the phone head over to your local store and play with it. It's worth using in hand to see the difference between it and the Storm 2. Personally, after playing with the Storm 2 twice pre-release I knew I wasn't going to get it. It's the same as the Storm 1 with a few small upgrades but same old/outdated OS.

tyler0630

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
after a couple days of using my new droid. i love it. I still have a storm on my work line with BES so i can still bbm, but on my personal phone i now have a droid.

Gmail sync = awesome. (which blackberry also can do with gmail accounts)

Face book app on the blackberry i prefer, but it may just be that i am not familiar with the droids controls. Although it seems the droid loads information a ton faster.

Droid web browser with Voice recognition all of that good stuff = 10x better than storm 2.

Android Marketplace far > Blackberry app world. (simple and very efficient).

Battery life is(seems) better on my blackberry, but this could be because i cant put my droid down.

Google nav Beta > Google maps+ Poynt for Blackberry... & Vz nav for that matter.

And Nestoid is awesome lol. i love it.

one thing that would help sell droid more is if it were CDMA +GSM (imo). other than that both are great devices, for a someone who likes their electronics, droid is the way to go.

Otherwise the S2 is also a nice phone, but this droid is amazing.

Verizon is doing it right this holiday season, i am very impressed and a huge fan of what the marketing department is doing witht he map commercials lol

xtallynn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hello! I'm jumping ship from my Storm1, and getting a droid also! Can't wait to get my hands on my new best friend! Hope to order it sometime next week!

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey folks
Currently I am a S1 user but with my renewal coming up next month I will be reading as many threads as possible to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the Droid as compared to the Storm.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol