Xoom Family Edition at $359..good deal?

buckeyeind

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey there, just joined the party at android central. I haven't pulled the trigger on a tablet yet but this pricing seems to be getting close to a sweet spot. With it getting ICS doe this appear a pretty good deal or continue to wait?
I've been "doing" a complete google transformation that last couple months (igoogle, gmail, google+, docs, chrome, etc). I will basically be using the tablet for those things, books, some music so I won't be loading it up.....and as a sweet alarm clock :)
Any positive opinions are welcome and glad to be here.

Last edited:

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central... not too bad of a deal.. you can find regular Xooms on eBay for around $370-400. The $340 to $360 price range sounds about right.

If you want to wait a little longer... the Xoom2 plus all of the holiday sales will probably drop that price even more.

buckeyeind

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. I'm in no hurry and waiting to strike! After seeing that this unit was getting the ICS update and Best Buy was throwing in a screen protector, I thought I'd see where this sits with everyone here.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I know... I was thinking the same thing. I have a 7" Galaxy Tab but want something better. The only thing I don't like about the Xoom is its thickness. The Xoom2 is a lot thinner. I'm waiting to hear prices and release dates on the Xoom2 media edition before I make any final decisions. The 8.2" sounds perfect. I'm not sure I want a 10" tab... still deciding.

buckeyeind

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
i think the family addition (ha) is 1.5mm thinner than the zoom. I ran into Best Buy this evening and it was easy to use and didn't "seem" thick. I do agree that the 8.2 " fits the grip better. should be an interesting 6-8 weeks with pricing.