fightfan says "Hi"

fightfan

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I hate people who refer to themselves in the third person, but I didn't think "Hello" would be very informative at all as a subject. ;) Anyway, I've listened to the Android Central podcast for about a year now, and I've been on the forums for about a week, so I thought I'd introduce myself finally.

I don't know if I love Android more than I hate iOS, but I am definitely an Android proponent. I've had a Dinc for about year now, and I'm looking forward to possibly upgrading to the Galaxy Nexus whenever it comes out. It'll be my last Verizon annual upgrade since they discontinued the plan, and it'll be hard for me to justify the purchase if I can't get it for $199. I'm crossing my fingers...

I'm also the primary on a family plan with my wife and parents. My Dad just got his first ever piece of hi-tech when he got a Dinc 2 last week. See more here, http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve.../136644-tips-older-non-techie-dinc2-user.html. He's never even had a computer or the internet before! It's been a slow road to Android nirvana, but he's having fun using voice input, texting, and setting up appointments in his calendar.

My wife is also anxious to get a smartphone as she's tired of using T9 on her flip phone for texting. We missed an incredible (no pun intended) opportunity to pick up a Rezound for $50 at Costco on Friday, but we're keeping our eye out for a reasonably priced Rezound or perhaps Nexus. She actually wouldn't mind the smaller size of the Dinc 2, but the double data promotion for 4G and the incredible HD screens might be too difficult to overlook at this point. Plus, we typically keep phones for a long time, so a Rezound/Nexus might be a little better for future proofing.

Wow, kudos to you if you are still reading. Besides techie and Android stuff, I'm also a big tennis and MMA fan (hence the name).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc