Hello Android Central!

konrad3999

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased the Galaxy S for myself, and the Galaxy S II for my wife. I got the older unit because I know that it has the WOLFSON AUDIO CHIP.

What I am hoping to learn from this forum is how to make my phone mount and external SSD, and play 44.1 16bit .wav files from it. I am an audio engineer.

I have made a cable assembly that runs the red and black wires from a standard USB Type A plug to both a Mini-B plug (for the external drive) and a Micro-B (for the Galaxy S) with the green and white wires running between the phone and the drive. Both devices are powered by the wall wart via the USB cable. And data is tethered between the devices. The shield and ground wires are all attached all the way through.

I realize I have to root the phone, and install a form of a Multi-Mount-SD application.
It would be perfectly acceptable for me to have an either/or situation between the internal microSD card or the external drive, if I could do that without having to root the phone.

This is my endeavor here!

I appreciate all the hard work all of you have put into these new technologies ;-)

K

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Nice of you to stop by and introduce yourself. I hope your stay here will be as good as mine.

Enjoy the forum and see ya around. :D