HELP! "SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem"?!?!

jacquimartin1225

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Here's the deal.

I had a Droid X for about a year and a half. It was old and beat up and kept doing crazy things on its own, so I bought a lightly used Droid Charge off of one of my friends who had upgraded to a Galaxy Nexus, and she wasn't going to need the Droid Charge anymore. I love the phone.

I took my 16GB memory chip out of my Droid X, put it in my new Droid Charge, and everything was fine. I had all of my pictures (1500+), all of my videos, all of my music, and everything was fine.

On day 3 of having my new phone and everything being fine, I took my phone out of my jacket pocket (after having not touched it barely at all for about 4 hours, besides to send a few texts) and there was a little icon in my notifications bar that looked like a microSD card with an ! on it.

I checked it out and it said "BLANK SD CARD. SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem"

I went to my music: Nothing was there. Same with my pictures and videos. EVERYTHING was gone!

So I went to my settings to check out the SD card status, and it seemed to be unmounted (because the option was "Mount SD card"). So I hit Mount - and nothing happened. I cannot get the card to mount at all.

I didn't want to format it right away and lose all my stuff, so I went to Verizon and the guy couldn't get it to mount either. He put HIS SD card in my phone, and it worked fine. He put MINE in HIS phone and nothing happened. So obviously it was the chip and not the phone (unfortunately, but luckily).

I tried to format the card via my phone, and it wouldn't format. So I decided the card was toast.

SO I bought a new SD card. I put it in my phone, and I can put music on it, and my new pictures save to it.

But I CANNOT get that stupid little icon at the top to go away. My phone keeps telling me my SD card is blank and it needs to be formatted. Can ANYONE help me with this?!?!

ALSO I reallllllllllllyyyyyyyy want all my music and photos back, so any advice on this would be helpful too!

Sorry for the long post, I'm new to AndroidCentral and I just wanted to get all the details in there!

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Here's the deal.

I had a Droid X for about a year and a half. It was old and beat up and kept doing crazy things on its own, so I bought a lightly used Droid Charge off of one of my friends who had upgraded to a Galaxy Nexus, and she wasn't going to need the Droid Charge anymore. I love the phone.

I took my 16GB memory chip out of my Droid X, put it in my new Droid Charge, and everything was fine. I had all of my pictures (1500+), all of my videos, all of my music, and everything was fine.

On day 3 of having my new phone and everything being fine, I took my phone out of my jacket pocket (after having not touched it barely at all for about 4 hours, besides to send a few texts) and there was a little icon in my notifications bar that looked like a microSD card with an ! on it.

I checked it out and it said "BLANK SD CARD. SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem"

I went to my music: Nothing was there. Same with my pictures and videos. EVERYTHING was gone!

So I went to my settings to check out the SD card status, and it seemed to be unmounted (because the option was "Mount SD card"). So I hit Mount - and nothing happened. I cannot get the card to mount at all.

I didn't want to format it right away and lose all my stuff, so I went to Verizon and the guy couldn't get it to mount either. He put HIS SD card in my phone, and it worked fine. He put MINE in HIS phone and nothing happened. So obviously it was the chip and not the phone (unfortunately, but luckily).

I tried to format the card via my phone, and it wouldn't format. So I decided the card was toast.

SO I bought a new SD card. I put it in my phone, and I can put music on it, and my new pictures save to it.

But I CANNOT get that stupid little icon at the top to go away. My phone keeps telling me my SD card is blank and it needs to be formatted. Can ANYONE help me with this?!?!

ALSO I reallllllllllllyyyyyyyy want all my music and photos back, so any advice on this would be helpful too!

Sorry for the long post, I'm new to AndroidCentral and I just wanted to get all the details in there!

Try reformatting the sd card. When the option appears to reformat, use FAT32.:)

birmania

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: HELP! "SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem"?!?!

i Try to re format mines on my cumputer and put it to fat32 and It just told me '' the dick is write protected '' what do i do now ??? :':)':)'(

---------- Post Merged at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:07 PM ----------

i ment DISKKKKK * >.<