Kenny Richoux

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to download music from my computer to my galaxy s II and need help. When I hook up the phone to my usb I select the music files on my computer library and it downloads the music. but when I look for the music on my phone I can't find it. Any suggestions?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

1st. What type of music file formats are you attempting to move?
2nd Where on you sdcard are you trying to place them? There is a specific "Music" folder normally but that is still irrelevant. If its on your card it should get recognized with a search.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
You will need a file manager app of some kind first. ( so you can see the files on your sd card). Then you'll need a file marked MUSIC that your phone will use as a depository. If your computer is Windows then try WinAmp App. It will run wma media files. You won't need to convert them to mp3's. It will also run iTunes media format files. (mp4). If you want to save space in the memory of your phone, try downloading ( from cnet.com downloads) a windows program called FreeRip to convert that music over from wma to mp3. That's the time consuming way but it will save space. Your music is on there but it can't read the file format. It only needs the files to be in a readable state to play.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781