Howdy from Virginia Beach!

Wbrian

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Howdy All!
I'm soon going to be an Android user for the first time. A little back story...

I'm a Blackberry user and love it. I'm due an upgrade from AT&T. But I really want to wait until the BB10 OS comes out toward the end of the year. BUT, I'm getting a little bored with my BB Torch.
Going back a little over a year ago I got my Dad an Epic 4G on Sprint for a gift. Well, he sometimes gets techno-irritated. His phone "stopped working one day." I went to get it and found the screen smashed to bits, but held together by the screen protector. No insurance and too much to buy out of the contract, I decided to buy a replacement off eBay. Same phone for less than a hundred bucks. I'll use it for a credit card processor at art shows and the like. (Dad's banished back to a Tracphone!)

So I am here to learn about these "Droid" things a little. I hear they're fun and easy to upgrade the OS. So, I'll be looking around for info on how to change the OS and which version of the available OS is "best" for this phone...

Thanks in advance!
Brian

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums and the world of Android. The Getting Started link at the top of the page has plenty of helpful information. Enjoy.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Howdy All! I'm soon going to be an Android user for the first time.
Welcome Nonetheless. Here's hoping to see you aboard. In the meanwhile you can browse around the forum - the place is very big and have lots of helpful information.

If you need help with anything, feel free to ask. •﹏•

Wbrian

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Folks!
I've been reading around a bit about rooting... A lot to learn. I'll get there. Phone should have come today, in the mail, but didn't. Hopefully tomorrow!

Later,
B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy