How to get Jelly Bean on Galaxy Nexus

kswem

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone - this is my first post so please be gentle. :)

I used the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit months ago to unlock and root my GNex so I could get 4.0.4 on my phone. Now that Jelly Bean is out I now want to get it. However, I just discovered that my phone may have lost root access after I put 4.0.4 on it a while back. Now I'm not sure what to do.

Should I use the GNex Toolkit again and try to repeat the process from last time? Basically, what would be the best way for me to root my phone again and install 4.1?

Thanks!
Keith

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone - this is my first post so please be gentle. :)

I used the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit months ago to unlock and root my GNex so I could get 4.0.4 on my phone. Now that Jelly Bean is out I now want to get it. However, I just discovered that my phone may have lost root access after I put 4.0.4 on it a while back. Now I'm not sure what to do.

Should I use the GNex Toolkit again and try to repeat the process from last time? Basically, what would be the best way for me to root my phone again and install 4.1?

Thanks!
Keith

First, welcome to AC!

Second, you don't necessarily need root access. Do you have a custom recovery? If so, you can simply flash a rooted Jelly Bean rom on your device. You could always reroot your device as well.

Also, please check my signature for a somewhat comprehensive Jelly Bean guide. There's plenty of support there and in the Galaxy Nexus forums :).

kswem

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi dmmarck,

Thanks for the reply. No, I don't have a custom recovery so I guess that's something I need to go find....and the latest-n-greatest Jelly Bean build to flash, along with some helpful instructions.

I'll go check out your signature post for more info.

Cheers!
Keith

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad