Galaxy Nexus, CWM Recovery and CM9 overwrote my back up

mwils52

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Last Tuesday I unlocked and rooted my Galaxy Nexus, which I had no business doing but Verizons lack of releasing JB made me try. I succeeded in unlocking and rooting the phone and installed CWM after about 3 hours (again, should not have been trying this). I flashed Vicious Driod JB through the rom manager on my phone which was great and used that until yesterday when I wanted to try CM9. I flashed CM9 and it got stuck at the boot animation screen for a long time, 20ish minutes) I pulled the battery and went back into CWM recovery. Tried to boot VIcious Driod JB and it wouldnt go past the Google screen. I made a back up through CWM right after I initially rooted the phone. I tried to restore that back up but the CM9 boot animation just comes up again. Ive tried everything, data/factory reset, wiped cache, wiped dalvik cache, formatted system. I also turned USB debugging off in the developers options because Im a nervous nelly and now my computer wont recognize the device. Am I totally screwed? Someone said if I could get to CWM i should be okay but Im starting to doubt that since my backups somehow were overwritten by CM9.

I've looked everywhere, xda, rootwikiz, and here. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie