Couldn't think of a fancy title, so, uh, hi everyone...

gadgetjunkie89

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
...so how about a tad bit of bio?

Current phone is the Droid 2 Global. My first smartphone. I owned an iPod Touch 3rd gen prior to that, but got bored with it and Apple's OS in general, which is why I chose Android. Not even the iPhone 5 wows me. I need more features and a more in-depth experience. I've since given my iPod away to my sister.

Next phone? I want the Razr HD Maxx. Upgrade is mid-October, and I'm really hoping it's available around that time. Not settling for the Razr M. May choose the GS3 out of desperation because my D2G is giving me frustration headaches.

I've dabbled with the idea of waiting for the BB10 phones, but couldn't make myself wait for next year to upgrade. I own a Playbook (my only tablet), so I'll enjoy the BB10 experience on it in the months to come.

More personally... I'm a 23 year old guy, married, with some college education who is fascinated with mobile tech but doesn't make the money to satisfy the habit, lol.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Chances are, if you're still rocking the 2 Global that you also have Unlimited data. I'd advise against upgrading or changing your plan or signing a new contract if you want to keep it. :-$

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to AC!!

Yea, seems like that is the general consensus with the new iPhone.

I also know the feeling of having to jump on a phone that isn't exactly what you want. My last phone's screen viewing area was degrading day by day, and, was going to be completely useless. I held out as long as I could with pixels slowly ceasing to function until after several months I couldn't use it at all and had to settle for my X2. Was the best phone for me at the time, and, was happy to have it, but, it's not really what I wanted. Hold out as long as you can so you get what you really want.

Enjoy the forums!! :D

gadgetjunkie89

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Chances are, if you're still rocking the 2 Global that you also have Unlimited data. I'd advise against upgrading or changing your plan or signing a new contract if you want to keep it. :-$
Alas, I don't make the money to just buy an unsubsidized device at full price. I have considered buying the Droid 4 off of somebody, but the "newest and latest" thing always catches up to me sooner or later. I barely use a full GB of data monthly, but I don't know how a 4G LTE device will change that.

I have two smartphones on my plan. Between the two, we could share 4 GB of data and never hit it, while paying $10/monthly less than we do now! Or bump up to 6 GB for equivalent. I'm not enough of a power user. :p