Samsung Galaxy S3 - cracked screen, does not work, no insurance

orchidtoo

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm new here - a devout droid user, previously DroidX, then Galaxy s3 a month ago. Loved the s3, but stupidly did not get insurance (having never broken or lost a cellphone) and did not get a cover... S3 fell out of my pocket on a tiled floor and developed a hairline crack, only about 1/3 inch long in a corner. The touch screen no longer worked, and within hours a blue/purple hue spread like ink throughout the screen (pic attached). Based on the pic, can anyone tell me if the whole phone is busted, or should I spend the $280 that a cell repair shop charges to replace the screen?
I'm so disappointed and almost wishing I had gone with an iPhone - almost, but not quite...2012-09-19_18-56-08_912.jpg

shayma hayder

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
same thing happeind to me and a while after it felt the screen went full black and the only thing you can do is to replace the screen :( i haven't replace mine because there is no screen in samsungs company in my contry.

Set Are

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey same thing happened to my cell phone! but I was able to get a new cell phone from the AT&T since it was still under warranty. they just made sure that the screen was not cracked which it wasn't. If your S3 is not unlocked and you got it from your career company, you might be able to do the same thing.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Odds are it's just the screen that's broken and the rest of the phone is fine. Unfortunately, there's no way to be positive until the screen is replaced.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm new here - a devout droid user, previously DroidX, then Galaxy s3 a month ago. Loved the s3, but stupidly did not get insurance (having never broken or lost a cellphone) and did not get a cover... S3 fell out of my pocket on a tiled floor and developed a hairline crack, only about 1/3 inch long in a corner. The touch screen no longer worked, and within hours a blue/purple hue spread like ink throughout the screen (pic attached). Based on the pic, can anyone tell me if the whole phone is busted, or should I spend the $280 that a cell repair shop charges to replace the screen?
I'm so disappointed and almost wishing I had gone with an iPhone - almost, but not quite...View attachment 38958

Probably have to replace the screen. Since you don't have insurance, your carrier will probably charge you to repair/replace. You might be able to try sending it to Samsung as well. But you will be without a phone for a few days, unless you have an older one that still works.

I would suggest in the future, either getting a case, or insurance possibly both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo