Whats up guys

jrsmith_2010

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, newb here, pretty excited to start getting stuff rolling on rooting my droids and this seems like a good place to start!

Ive been lookin over the forum, and cant find a specific place for the question. I just got a sweet deal on a table on CraigsList, but the brand isnt anywhere online on what or even how to root it. Its a MID, model: M729B. Nothing fancy but i would like to root it but have no idea where to start, figured this would be a good start!

Thanks in advanced guys.

Cheers from the soon to be snow covered Kansas!
-jrsmith

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, newb here, pretty excited to start getting stuff rolling on rooting my droids and this seems like a good place to start!

Ive been lookin over the forum, and cant find a specific place for the question. I just got a sweet deal on a table on CraigsList, but the brand isnt anywhere online on what or even how to root it. Its a MID, model: M729B. Nothing fancy but i would like to root it but have no idea where to start, figured this would be a good start!

Thanks in advanced guys.

Cheers from the soon to be snow covered Kansas!
-jrsmith
can you tell me what version of android its on?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
sweet, ill give it a shot, this is my first time rooting so im kind of lost, if it goes well ill do my atrix 2 as well
I dont know if it will work for the atrix but you can give it a shot. i gave you that link since your device is kind of generic and there is no specific root.

jrsmith_2010

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
you can try those, i have never really heard of your device so i couldnt tell you for sure.

have you used z4root before? i found a youtube video on how to get the app onto the tablet, but yet to try it. ive spent all day (glad it snowed so i could) searching for root methods, ive tried some but when it started to root, the systems would say that it wasnt able to and to try again, even after several tries.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
have you used z4root before? i found a youtube video on how to get the app onto the tablet, but yet to try it. ive spent all day (glad it snowed so i could) searching for root methods, ive tried some but when it started to root, the systems would say that it wasnt able to and to try again, even after several tries.

Yeah I used it on an early build of froyo for the fascinate. Its simple just install the app open it and hit root. You may just need to keep looking for a way. When I have time ill see if I can look around for you

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

jrsmith_2010

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I used it on an early build of froyo for the fascinate. Its simple just install the app open it and hit root. You may just need to keep looking for a way. When I have time ill see if I can look around for you

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

So I tried the z4root, and it came up and says 'your devise already has a 'su' binary' not sure what this is..

lrcarlson

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased the MID M729B and really like it - except that it didn't change to Daylight Savngs Time yesterday - it's sill an hour behind,and there doesn't seem to be any way to change it manually. Any ideas?