Problem listening to music on Galaxy Stellar?

TWinnick93

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just got a Galaxy Stellar little more than a week ago and ive been able to figure just about everything out but when I put music on it(I use Easy Phone Sync{and i put that on a SD card cuz my phone is only 4 gb i believe i cant find it on my phone when i put the card back in}) i got 3 songs on it the first time but it said i ran out of memory and i have no idea how anything but iphones work basically?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that you're putting your music on an external SD card, i.e. one you can remove from the phone? I ask this because phones sometimes refer to the onboard internal storage as "internal SD," and there are plenty of lower-end phones that don't have much internal storage at all. So if you're transferring your music files to "internal SD," you'll probably run out of room quickly on a phone that came with little internal storage.

If you have an external SD card, unmount it from your phone (under Settings/Storage), remove the SD card and put it into your computer. Using your computer, make a folder on the SD called "Music," then copy your selected music files to that folder. Plug the SD card back into your phone, then open your music player--it should automatically scan the SD card for music files. I know that Google Music automatically scans, but if you're using a 3rd party music player, you might have to go to its settings to select other folders to scan.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just got a Galaxy Stellar little more than a week ago and ive been able to figure just about everything out but when I put music on it(I use Easy Phone Sync{and i put that on a SD card cuz my phone is only 4 gb i believe i cant find it on my phone when i put the card back in}) i got 3 songs on it the first time but it said i ran out of memory and i have no idea how anything but iphones work basically?

B. Diddy's suggestion is the way to go if you have a removable SD card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge