Hi guys, a bit of advice?

gpramchandani

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, so naturally a new member here!

Looking to get my first smartphone.

I'm pretty much torn between HTC One, and S4, and their nexus editions. I have done my research regarding their hardware, and difference in operating systems, but I still cant seem to make a decision, a more concise differentiation between the two would be awesome!

So, just wanted to know what you guys think, and also if I should be asking this specifically in the HTC One, and S4 forums, or if there are any links to good discussions on the same.

Thanks!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! My signature explains my stance on your question.
I'm running MoDaCo.SWITCH, which let's me have both HTC and Google experiences. This is in development for the S4 as well.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty much torn between HTC One, and S4, and their nexus editions. I have done my research regarding their hardware, and difference in operating systems, but I still cant seem to make a decision, a more concise differentiation between the two would be awesome!

So, just wanted to know what you guys think, and also if I should be asking this specifically in the HTC One, and S4 forums, or if there are any links to good discussions on the same.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums! Both are solid devices, best to go in and have fun playing with them!!!

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

Both are awesome devices and you can't go wrong with either. Best is to get a hands-on on each devices to see which suits your preference.

For me, I got the S4 because I am more used to Samsung phones and I just like it.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums. I am fairly new as well and asked the same question. Same responses but noticed there was no mention of any Nexus devices, bad or good. Was wondering was it by design as they are not comparable or as good as the HTC and S4? What about any upcoming/rumored phones?

cw

guruachary

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the same question while shopping for my mobile recently. While the build quality & audio in HTC One is excellent, I choose the S4 because support & accessories for Samsung products are still available even after the product has become old. Example, I can still easily get a battery or case for an S2 in the nearest mall, not sure about the equivalent HTC model. So support for S4 should be there for longer than HTC One. Unless you change your mobile every 12 months. ANOTHER POINT: lot depends on whether you like Samsung-skinned android or the HTC. I'm serious. Lot of people are particular about this. Please do try the working models on a store before you buy. MAJOR POINT: buy what your heart and eyes love. If you listen to your brain, you will never reach a decision. All the best.

Sent from my SG4 using Android Central app.

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I should have been a bit more precise of my expectations when asking about the various phones but good advice. Although it may be walking a fine line, I wasn't asking which phone to purchase because of a personal opinion or social status as much as I was looking for a more objective comparison from a user's point of view. I have been with Apple for the past 5 years or so and Blackberry prior to that. I have no experience with Android phones and wanted some user experience and not some sales pitch to enter into another freakin 2 year contract. As for going into the stores and playing/testing the devices, well it is kind of difficult when they all have the phony home screens and each phone is attached to the security cable. I've set off three so far! lol Businesses can't trust the consumer to do the right thing and not walk out the store with a display phone and now people are breaking in the stores and just stealing all of the phones!

cw