TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi gang,

I'm new to AC but not to BBSs or mobile device forms (was on Crackberry for years.)

I am currently a very disgruntled iPhone 4S user and have been researching alternatives like crazy in anticipation of my Verizon contract to be up for renewal. Definitely settled on Android as the platform and, after waiting FOREVER for the HTC One to finally drop on Verizon, I was blindsided by the LG G2, and am now very close to pulling the trigger when it's supposed to arrive tomorrow.

I've been lurking here for a couple weeks, and decided it was time to wade in and participate. Looking forward to hopefully both getting and giving some helpful information here.

Thanks for offering a great resource. Looking forward to becoming an android-a-holic. ;)

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
p.s. - can anyone give any insight as to why I cannot seem to add a post to a thread I posted to last night (in the LG G2 forum)? I keep trying but nothing appears. I looked for rules to see if there are limits on noob posting, but can't find anything. Thanks.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, congrats in advance on making the switch.

I don't think there's any limit for noobs on posting, but there is on attachments for noobs. Maybe that's the problem?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! I tried the iPhone 5 for a few days months ago and couldn't deal with it. Apple just isn't for me I guess.

I'm not aware of any limits on posts for noobs. Are you able to post in other threads on the G2 board?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi gang,

I'm new to AC but not to BBSs or mobile device forms (was on Crackberry for years.)

I am currently a very disgruntled iPhone 4S user and have been researching alternatives like crazy in anticipation of my Verizon contract to be up for renewal. Definitely settled on Android as the platform and, after waiting FOREVER for the HTC One to finally drop on Verizon, I was blindsided by the LG G2, and am now very close to pulling the trigger when it's supposed to arrive tomorrow.

I've been lurking here for a couple weeks, and decided it was time to wade in and participate. Looking forward to hopefully both getting and giving some helpful information here.

Thanks for offering a great resource. Looking forward to becoming an android-a-holic. ;)
Welcome to the forums!
I think I found the post you were talking about. What are you trying to do to your post?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the website or the app?

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Looks like the guys have got you going on addressing your problem - let us know if we can be of further help :)

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome, all. And,I'm not sure what's up with my posting issue in the LG G2 forum. My original post from this morning (second post in the thread) has now appeared, but now a subsequent post I made is MIA. Not using the app; just posting via web browser. Maybe they're requiring mod review or something? Not sure.

Eclipse2k, yeah, I'm definitely not an iPhone fan, especially after the last 2 years with one. Was sort of happenstance why I got it. In the fall of 2011 I was trying to hold out for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but My iPod (which I did love) and my BlackBerry were literally dying at the same time. When they both bit the dust, the 4s had just been released but the SGN was still a no show with no word on when it would finally drop. I also have a BMW, and the infotainment system is notorious for not playing nicely with Android, but it works like a charm with iPhones (and Blackberries - but I was done with BB.) So, I decided to take the plunge. I figured, how bad could it be? Famous last words. Very excited to finally make the switch.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome, all. And,I'm not sure what's up with my posting issue in the LG G2 forum. My original post from this morning (second post in the thread) has now appeared, but now a subsequent post I made is MIA. Not using the app; just posting via web browser. Maybe they're requiring mod review or something? Not sure.

Eclipse2k, yeah, I'm definitely not an iPhone fan, especially after the last 2 years with one. Was sort of happenstance why I got it. In the fall of 2011 I was trying to hold out for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, but My iPod (which I did love) and my BlackBerry were literally dying at the same time. When they both bit the dust, the 4s had just been released but the SGN was still a no show with no word on when it would finally drop. I also have a BMW, and the infotainment system is notorious for not playing nicely with Android, but it works like a charm with iPhones (and Blackberries - but I was done with BB.) So, I decided to take the plunge. I figured, how bad could it be? Famous last words. Very excited to finally make the switch.

You'll love it. The switch may take some getting used to but trust me when I say it's worth it. I couldn't believe using a third party music app on Apple was next to impossible yet its so simple on Android. Look, I'm all for simplicity during setup until it hinders my ability to have simplicity AFTER setup.

...that's on top of no Talk + Surf at the same time in Verizon. Seriously? The only 4G LTE in Verizon not to do this? Failure in my eyes.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Maybe it's a server problem. It does get a little glitchy from time to time.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's a server problem. It does get a little glitchy from time to time.

Yeah, I've had that on other BBSs before, but it just seems odd that it's only in the LG G2 forum. 'sokay.

Eclipse2K, The iPhone was a compromise from the beginning. From the very start I hated that I couldn't customize the phone at all, and that it wouldn't do some of the simplest things my BB permitted me to do, The fact that it integrated so well with my car and I could fit all my music on it (64GB) was a saving grace, but even that didn't make up for the limitations over time.

My only concern about the 2 devices I'm currently leaning toward (HTC One and LG G2) is that neither has a microSD slot so I won't be able to load all my music onto it. But, I decided that's not a huge deal because I'll be keeping my iPhone (or selling it and getting an iPod) to use in my car strictly for music and podcasts anyway. Plus, I'm gonna try one of these babies to take my music with me on a single device when I travel:

http://www.meenova.com/

Will be interested to see how it plays music from an external source like that, but I'm game to give it a try.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Does your car support USB Thumb Drives? My car has so many audio options that I find myself overwhelmed. I have a 6 disc CD changer, FM/AM radio, XM Radio, USB, AUX and Bluetooth. :p

I understand the concerns though. I went from a Note II with external storage to a Droid Maxx with none but I never looked back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty