love my BlackBerry but

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Yall,
I'm ready to experience android. I eliminated Windows easily because the app situation wont be a lot better than my Z10 ( I have sideloaded some apps, but its not the same). iPhone - BTDT and just not interested. I have had an android in the past but I kept it 2 months (Ally) and I am sure they have gotten so much better since then.

So the big question, and Ive done research but am just more confused, is which one!? I like the HTC One because of front speakers and it gets good reviews for the camera but the Verizon people are hell bent on persuading me to get an S4. I read that the Moto X has great battery life. Camera is important to me as is battery life and a good phone for actual calls. I would love for you all to share your thoughts on a good phone for my first real android experience because 2 months just doesn't count :)

Thanks, Angie (who loves her BB but wants apps, lots of apps :) )

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Yall,
I'm ready to experience android. I eliminated Windows easily because the app situation wont be a lot better than my Z10 ( I have sideloaded some apps, but its not the same). iPhone - BTDT and just not interested. I have had an android in the past but I kept it 2 months (Ally) and I am sure they have gotten so much better since then.

So the big question, and Ive done research but am just more confused, is which one!? I like the HTC One because of front speakers and it gets good reviews for the camera but the Verizon people are hell bent on persuading me to get an S4. I read that the Moto X has great battery life. Camera is important to me as is battery life and a good phone for actual calls. I would love for you all to share your thoughts on a good phone for my first real android experience because 2 months just doesn't count :)

Welcome to the forums!
And also welcome to the dark side...We have Jelly Beans!! and soon, KitKats!

Seriously, I would play with the devices and see which you like best. I have played with both the Moto, and the One. I like the screen on the One, but the Moto feels more smooth.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome!

We need to hurry up and get to the Sour Punch Straws...

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I didn't even consider the CANDY lol, and I've been playing with them, my 17 year old loves the HTC One and says in March that's her choice for upgrade. She has iPhone 4s

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Golf has one of the best recommendations anyone can offer, in my opinion. You need to stop by the local wireless store and see if you can use all the devices mentioned. Each feels different in your hand and it's best to play with each one as long as you can. Frankly, I would go as far as to do this on at least two occasions (different days) to firstly get a rough idea of what each offers then be able to browse AC and see what the writers are saying about the device - don't forget about the device forum where you'll see what people are saying about each device.

It's probably a bit overboard. However, these devices are not cheap and you'll likely be locked into a two-year contract, so it's best to make the best possible choice with the devices available.

By the way, welcome to the forums!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Magnus has some excellent points. Also, be aware that the security device will alter the phone feel. Ask to see if you can hold the device out of the box. I agree completely about going to the store on multiple times. It keeps the pressure of buying a device down and hopefully buyer's remorse. Although you are generally allowed one exchange.

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Golf has one of the best recommendations anyone can offer, in my opinion. You need to stop by the local wireless store and see if you can use all the devices mentioned. Each feels different in your hand and it's best to play with each one as long as you can. Frankly, I would go as far as to do this on at least two occasions (different days) to firstly get a rough idea of what each offers then be able to browse AC and see what the writers are saying about the device - don't forget about the device forum where you'll see what people are saying about each device.

It's probably a bit overboard. However, these devices are not cheap and you'll likely be locked into a two-year contract, so it's best to make the best possible choice with the devices available.

By the way, welcome to the forums!

Trust me, I've been in Verizon looking so many hours I should get a paycheck ...
I think I will go read the individual forums.

Thx for the welcome yall, this seems yo be a friendly place :)

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I just read recently that moto x got software upgrades for the camera. Some people said it improves a lot you may want to check @ moto x thread.

Sent via Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I have a bias for Motorola, since I have a Razr Maxx. The X and the Droid Ultra or Maxx would all be great choices in my opinion. Their cameras are admittedly weaker than others, but the current update for the X supposedly makes it significantly better. I'd expect the same update for the Droids.

npunk42

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi Yall,

Im a long time Blackberry user, but I also have a Note2. Its a fine device, you might try the Note3 for the latest and greatest.

QuickDime

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i've started lurking over here too, starting to investigate. Thinking i'm going to jump into the Samsung world, S5 & Note 10.1 2014. I have so much to learn, hopefully I can find some answers.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi Yall,.........Thanks, Angie (who loves her BB but wants apps, lots of apps :) )

It's great to be curious about a different OS but what apps are you missing? It sounds like you want a new phone and that is a valid enough reason to go to Android since there are choices galore but wanting "lots of apps" without being careful what apps you actually download, can be a bad idea on Android. It's a totally different system with just about anyone and their grandmother being able to toss out an app and my suggestion is to not get rid of your Z10. After the initial honeymoon period with Android, you may just live up to your name.

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Oofa I don't want crazy stuff. I'm an artist and i use social media to get my stuff "out there". Instagram, FB Pages, and wwf for fun.. not anything goes at all :)

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
It's great to be curious about a different OS but what apps are you missing? It sounds like you want a new phone and that is a valid enough reason to go to Android since there are choices galore but wanting "lots of apps" without being careful what apps you actually download, can be a bad idea on Android. It's a totally different system with just about anyone and their grandmother being able to toss out an app and my suggestion is to not get rid of your Z10. After the initial honeymoon period with Android, you may just live up to your name.

Also, I will not be getting rid of my precious BlackBerry.. it's the best phone call phone I've ever had!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar