Newbie here!

Stashsmom

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. My names Wendy, 52, female. I found this forum after getting my first ever smartphone. The HTC One on Verizon. I've been resisting the urge to switch from a plain old phone due to cost, and well, I just plain don't need one. But boy have I been wanting one. When Best Buy had the One for $49.99 I knew that was my sign. :) That was September 19th and I have not looked back since. I knew absolutely nothing about Android but through these forums, and my own just playing around with the phone, I've learned about cool stuff like skins, custom widgets, and all sorts of customization things. I'm currently in the process of learning how to use Zooper Widget, UCCW, and icon packs. Haven't had this much fun in a long time. I've had a couple of questions so far and have found this to be a very friendly place. Looking forward to spending more time here and learning everything I can about Android. :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. My names Wendy, 52, female. I found this forum after getting my first ever smartphone. The HTC One on Verizon. I've been resisting the urge to switch from a plain old phone due to cost, and well, I just plain don't need one. But boy have I been wanting one. When Best Buy had the One for $49.99 I knew that was my sign. :) That was September 19th and I have not looked back since. I knew absolutely nothing about Android but through these forums, and my own just playing around with the phone, I've learned about cool stuff like skins, custom widgets, and all sorts of customization things. I'm currently in the process of learning how to use Zooper Widget, UCCW, and icon packs. Haven't had this much fun in a long time. I've had a couple of questions so far and have found this to be a very friendly place. Looking forward to spending more time here and learning everything I can about Android. :)

Welcome to the forums.
What are your questions? If they are general enough, we can probably answer them right now.

Stashsmom

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I actually posted my questions in the HTC One Verizon forum before I posted my introduction. The one thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to make the Month date, year and day vertical along the side in Zooper Widget. I used a preloaded template and tweaked it, but I'd like to know how to do it from scratch. Back to the drawing board for me. :) This is so much fun!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I actually posted my questions in the HTC One Verizon forum before I posted my introduction. The one thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to make the Month date, year and day vertical along the side in Zooper Widget. I used a preloaded template and tweaked it, but I'd like to know how to do it from scratch. Back to the drawing board for me. :) This is so much fun!

Glad you are having fun with it. Have you tried the app settings? A lot of times that is where changes can be made.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC. I'm not that familiar with Zooper (since between UCCW and all the other customiztion things I use (Widgelocker, unread counts, Minimilistic Text, etc...), I've never really felt the need to use another thing). Sorry, I can't help you with it....but wanted to say "welcome" anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool