New to Android OS. Appreciate this forum!!

davekro

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I have been an Apple/IOS person solely until my wife wanted to switch from IOS to a larger screen of the LG G Pro. We have both been appreciating the many differences of things we can do with her phone. I have been reading here some trying to learn the new (to me) OS, as I am her IT dept. ;)

All had been grand until huge ATT data overages last month and this month, so I am officially 'signing in' :) and I'm off to my first postings for help on that data issue.

Thanks to all here who are a life saver to us baby stepping our way in learning the new OS. :D

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I have been an Apple/IOS person solely until my wife wanted to switch from IOS to a larger screen of the LG G Pro. We have both been appreciating the many differences of things we can do with her phone. I have been reading here some trying to learn the new (to me) OS, as I am her IT dept. ;)

All had been grand until huge ATT data overages last month and this month, so I am officially 'signing in' :) and I'm off to my first postings for help on that data issue.

Thanks to all here who are a life saver to us baby stepping our way in learning the new OS. :D

Welcome to the forums.
Without realizing it, you can easily exceed data plans. Almost every app can get updates, Facebook is extremely bad; I think that can check for updates every 5 minutes or more. YouTube videos are addicting, etc.

I would suggest to have the phone connect to WiFi whenever you can, especially at home, and go into Play and in settings is auto Update apps. This should be off.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Those are good tips from Goldriver97. I would also suggest updating apps over wifi only.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol