Security information

Bob Funke

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings
More
Security
Turn off "Auto Update Security"

...this will force the phone to manually update....

Turn off your WiFi.....turn it back on....this makes the annoying message pop up.....click the notification and choose "Update"

Problem should be gone

I believe the auto updating of security policies is hosed since 4.3

Hope this helps!

Bob :)

lost contacts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi There

I have just lost all my contacts out of my Galaxy 4 which syncs with my outlook - so 10 years worth of phone numbers gone.
I have tried to use Android Data Recovery to find the information - however I keep getting the message "An application attempted to access system on your device without authorisation. This attempt has been blocked. Changing your security level to normal may solve this problem. Deleting applications obtained from unauthorised sources may improve security."

I have read the forum below - but can't seem to find the solution. Can you tell me in simple terms what to do?

freelancelynx

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I went into my app manager, found Knox Notification Manager and force stopped it. Notification disappeared. Why the notification appeared in the first place, no idea. Only appears when I connect to WiFi.

Using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Issue has been there since purchase.

MrScuba

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I have got the same dialog box as per post #18.

Resolved by using an app to control App Ops (versions 4.3 - 4.4.1). Search App Ops on Play Store. For my Samsung S3, an app called Permission Manager install perfectly.

From there you can swipe across to apps running. See Knox. Then untoggle the notification setting. Works a charm.

Thus permission manager app is also useful for removing any permissions from individual apps. For me I want location services on for mapping etc. But off for Facebook posts. Using permission manager, I now have that granularity

Hope this works for you

Meg Nicole

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Receiving same warning as in post #18 on my Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3 (Edit: Checking for updates as soon as I can connect to Wi-Fi). No clue what "Knox" is and have no record of it on my phone, nor do I have any self-installed anti-virus software.
I have noticed warning only appears when I open Chrome.

Have tried:
- Closing all tabs to ensure it wasn't a Web page
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome
- Uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling Chrome Beta
- Clearing cache of all apps

Not sure where to go from here. Can't identify the problem and therefore can't fix it yet.