new but not new but um help please?

Jazzy Lynn

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
sooo i have the U.S Cellular Mesmerize and ive wanted to root it for a while ive had iPhones before and had no issue jailbreaking fund it rather easy but when it comes to figuring out hot to root android im lost first my phone is one of 3 counter parts for the Galaxy s I500 series an i manage to have the one i cant get help with is it possible to use the fascinates ROM's and instructions and can someone actually give in instructions on how to do this? i feel like a complete newbie with this phone . it would be much appreciated :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
sooo i have the U.S Cellular Mesmerize and ive wanted to root it for a while ive had iPhones before and had no issue jailbreaking fund it rather easy but when it comes to figuring out hot to root android im lost first my phone is one of 3 counter parts for the Galaxy s I500 series an i manage to have the one i cant get help with is it possible to use the fascinates ROM's and instructions and can someone actually give in instructions on how to do this? i feel like a complete newbie with this phone . it would be much appreciated :)

Welcome to the forums.
I will try to remember to look for you when I get home in a few hours.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Jazzy Lynn

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
okiee thank youuu!! real quick if i after i root it is there like ant specific kind of ROM i need to use or do i need ones specifically for the mesmerize

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
okiee thank youuu!! real quick if i after i root it is there like ant specific kind of ROM i need to use or do i need ones specifically for the mesmerize

You need to flash ROMs that are built for your device. Because this phone is older and more obscure, ROMs may be a little hard to come by.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I did take a peek at Cyanogenmod, and they do support your device, but it is a custom ROM based on Gingerbread, and that is as high as it gets.