Saying Hey

KiwiGrrl

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all! I've been a lurker for a little while but dipped my toes in the water a little bit on the Note 3 forum so figured I might as well go all out.

Sooo ... I'm Tracey. I'm from New Zealand but live in Las Vegas. I'm an old tart with way too many pets and I ride a motorcycle.

I started on android but moved to the great walled apple garden after my mum and sister bought themselves iPhones. I am going to miss iMessage since it's a free way to keep in touch quickly with family spread over 3 different countries, but ultimately, it just wasn't for me. The biggest factor is that I have kerataconus, so my vision is funky and that tiny little screen was impossible for me to deal with. There just weren't enough accessibility options to make it comfortable.

I'm looking forward to hanging out and learning a few new tricks :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all! I've been a lurker for a little while but dipped my toes in the water a little bit on the Note 3 forum so figured I might as well go all out.

Sooo ... I'm Tracey. I'm from New Zealand but live in Las Vegas. I'm an old tart with way too many pets and I ride a motorcycle.

I started on android but moved to the great walled apple garden after my mum and sister bought themselves iPhones. I am going to miss iMessage since it's a free way to keep in touch quickly with family spread over 3 different countries, but ultimately, it just wasn't for me. The biggest factor is that I have kerataconus, so my vision is funky and that tiny little screen was impossible for me to deal with. There just weren't enough accessibility options to make it comfortable.

I'm looking forward to hanging out and learning a few new tricks :)

Welcome to the forums.
What phone do you have?

KiwiGrrl

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hehe. You can tell priorities when one asks about the phone, another about the bike!

Phone is a Note 3 and I'm loving it. Bikes are a little Suzuki Savage (she's a single cylinder 650 and light so she's easy to throw around) and a Yamaha Road Star for when I need a little more muscle ;-)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Lol @ priories :)
So are they both road bikes or is the suzuki a dirt bike. Sounds too big for a dirt bike - for me anyway :p

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AC Forums mobile app

Nana Helen

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Cool i love off road just about anything i think lol
You should come join us in the android central lounge. A lot of interesting info in general help & how to.
Plus there is forums for other things too like games. All within the acforums
Cheers
Helen

PS sometimes i join in "would you rather?" And "the L@@ters lounge" is crazy lol they are all mad :p I throw in the occassional comment.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

KiwiGrrl

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
"Funky" vision and ride a bike! Sounds like quite the adventure :D Welcome ;)

Hehe, maybe just for me! :D

It doesn't affect my driving or distance vision so much, except at night when I have difficulty with lights so I try and avoid riding in the dark and if I'm forced to, I stick to well lit areas. It's mostly just close up work and more pronounced coming up to the end of the yearly exam cycle when my corneas have changed shape and I need a new prescription. The top half of my lenses are more forgiving than the bottom. :sly:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar