migrating from webOS

mc25mc

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 1st palm pilot at least a decade ago. Had a treo before anyone else knew what a smartphone was and have enjoyed webOS for the last 5 years, but sad for me it IS time to move on.

I see there are lots of threads on converting from webOS to android that I will enjoy looking at.

in the mean time, I'm looking on advice for my next phone. I like the galaxy s4 and LG g2. I'm a carrier free agent.

just wants to introduce myself and if anyone has advice on this new system for me, let me know.

michael

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 1st palm pilot at least a decade ago. Had a treo before anyone else knew what a smartphone was and have enjoyed webOS for the last 5 years, but sad for me it IS time to move on.

I see there are lots of threads on converting from webOS to android that I will enjoy looking at.

in the mean time, I'm looking on advice for my next phone. I like the galaxy s4 and LG g2. I'm a carrier free agent.

just wants to introduce myself and if anyone has advice on this new system for me, let me know.

michael
Welcome to the forums!

The G2 is a very nice phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

michael

Welcome to the forums. I would suggest looking at the Nexus 5. Not saying the S4 and G2 are bad choices, just another phone to consider. Also the Moto X.

Jmmjr170

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you are a free agent with the carrier then you should get the nexus 5. it gives you the best experience for android without the skins that are in some cell phones. Moto X is also good. I converted a couple of years ago and I got the Galaxy Nexus as my first phone and it was the best experience.

mc25mc

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
thanks,

I have looked at the nexus. The one thing holding me back on that is the camera. Its probably one of the biggest "wants" is a good camera. It seems the nexus camera is a step below the other two. Other things I need. Calendar, web browsing, texting, email. Should I assume they all handle those functions pretty much the same?

thanks again

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, those are all pretty basic functions so they should all fulfill those needs quite well. On the camera side, the Moto X and Nexus 5 are decent, the S4 and G2 are great

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimBean 4.3 Build-1

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome! I have the Nexus 5 and feel the camera is good. It's not the greatest piece of hardware you can find on smartphone today, but for what I use it for, it works great. The latest update (4.4.2) saw an improvement to the camera software. I'd suggest hitting up your nearest store to see if you can use the device in person and get a feel for it :).