New to this place.

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Im Marie, and Im from Southwest Missouri. I am a former network engineer for Verizon Wireless. A series of unfortunate events means that I am no longer; however, I will still do my best to answer any Verizon/CDMA/LTE type questions. Anyhow, I now "entertain" for a living, which was a huge change of... everything. Anyhow, Ill leave it at that. I have been lurking here a while and think it will be a lot of fun to join the festivities.

Hope to "see" you all around!

Maria

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Im Marie, and Im from Southwest Missouri. I am a former network engineer for Verizon Wireless. A series of unfortunate events means that I am no longer; however, I will still do my best to answer any Verizon/CDMA/LTE type questions. Anyhow, I now "entertain" for a living, which was a huge change of... everything. Anyhow, Ill leave it at that. I have been lurking here a while and think it will be a lot of fun to join the festivities.

Hope to "see" you all around!

Maria

Hi Marie! Welcome to the forums!!!
What device do you have?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Attachments

• 1388015575801.jpg
    1388015575801.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 13

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the AC. Always nice seeing new faces around here :)

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My home screen...

Attachments

• 1388030244212.jpg
    1388030244212.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 12
Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Unlocked the boot loader, added gravity box, and somewhat tweaked my ROM.

Nice! I think Gravitybox is almost required! Some of the features that it adds or totally awesome. I cant imagine not having a rooted device. What would this world come to? :p

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the AC. Always nice seeing new faces around here :)

Thanks, so far its a totally awesome place!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Nice! I think Gravitybox is almost required! Some of the features that it adds or totally awesome. I cant imagine not having a rooted device. What would this world come to? :p

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, so far its a totally awesome place!

I just got a Nexus 5, and for once, I think that is going to stay stock. But yes, Gravity box opens up changes that are unique and some I think should be standard options for ROMs. Like the switching the selection action for Quick Toggles. I think a tap should be standard as the selection instead of a long press....it's like really? Whoever thought of that I'd like to ask 'Do you right click to do everything basic on your PC?'

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's why I like Power Toggles better than the Quick Settings. You can put the toggle bar in the swipedown notification shade, so it's like the Quick Settings, but everything works with a tap.

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Totally with ya on power toggles

I just got a Nexus 5, and for once, I think that is going to stay stock. But yes, Gravity box opens up changes that are unique and some I think should be standard options for ROMs. Like the switching the selection action for Quick Toggles. I think a tap should be standard as the selection instead of a long press....it's like really? Whoever thought of that I'd like to ask 'Do you right click to do everything basic on your PC?'

That's why I like Power Toggles better than the Quick Settings. You can put the toggle bar in the swipedown notification shade, so it's like the Quick Settings, but everything works with a tap.

Does power toggles work with the Moto X? I havent used that one... Might give it a try if it does. :)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Its buggy. But it works. There is a power panel that mirrors power toggles in the widget section.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the stock Power Controls widget still doesn't have a Mobile Data toggle, right?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2