My long-winded introduction

petalmasher

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I have had blackberries since back when all the cool kids had blackberries. I am required to have one for work because I work in an industry where companies are very concerned about proprietary information and such. When someone hands me a touchscreen device mobile, they may as well handing me a flux capacitor as I just don't know what to do with it, which is ironic considering that I am a professional fixer/installer/modifier of electronic gadgetry. I've decided that I need to get a Tablet with which to do all the things other people with their phones so as not to stunt my technological growth. I first got an 8-inch tablet with full win 8, I like windows 8, but the OS and apps just aren't optimized to be run on a small tablet, and the OS took up all but 4gb of my $300, 32gb device (I thought 32 gig was a lot for a tablet), so I sent it back to Amazon.
My wife Just got a new iPad Minni and she gave me the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 which the iPad replaced to use while I decide what Tablet to get for myself. I'm not going to get an iPad because I have an extreme aversion to the idea of becoming one of those couples who has to have matching everything, and I actually discovered that I like Android on the galaxy tab even though it's really slow compared the windows Tab I sent back. I got all amped up to get an Evga Note 7, but those are really hard to get your hands on, and I feel like if I wait around for one of those, there will be whole new generation of small tablets available by the time I get it. Sooo, while I wait for the next generation of tablets to come out, I want to really explore how to use and modify android devices since I have one that is somewhat expendable to mess around with. My personality is such that I like tinkering with things, so I'm hoping to use this site as a resource to help me tinker without bricking my wife's old Galaxy.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had blackberries since back when all the cool kids had blackberries. I am required to have one for work because I work in an industry where companies are very concerned about proprietary information and such. When someone hands me a touchscreen device mobile, they may as well handing me a flux capacitor as I just don't know what to do with it, which is ironic considering that I am a professional fixer/installer/modifier of electronic gadgetry. I've decided that I need to get a Tablet with which to do all the things other people with their phones so as not to stunt my technological growth. I first got an 8-inch tablet with full win 8, I like windows 8, but the OS and apps just aren't optimized to be run on a small tablet, and the OS took up all but 4gb of my $300, 32gb device (I thought 32 gig was a lot for a tablet), so I sent it back to Amazon.
My wife Just got a new iPad Minni and she gave me the Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0 which the iPad replaced to use while I decide what Tablet to get for myself. I'm not going to get an iPad because I have an extreme aversion to the idea of becoming one of those couples who has to have matching everything, and I actually discovered that I like Android on the galaxy tab even though it's really slow compared the windows Tab I sent back. I got all amped up to get an Evga Note 7, but those are really hard to get your hands on, and I feel like if I wait around for one of those, there will be whole new generation of small tablets available by the time I get it. Sooo, while I wait for the next generation of tablets to come out, I want to really explore how to use and modify android devices since I have one that is somewhat expendable to mess around with. My personality is such that I like tinkering with things, so I'm hoping to use this site as a resource to help me tinker without bricking my wife's old Galaxy.

Welcome to the forums. I have a Tab 2 7.0 as well. What seems to be the issue?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Ie to help me tinker without bricking my wife's old Galaxy.
What carrier is your wife on? I would add a line to her plan and get yourself a used Galaxy Nexus - unlock the bootloader and root it and get started with android that way. Since you don't need it to be a phone because of your blackberry, it should be fine for you to get to know pure vanilla android and the joys of unlocking/rooting/ROMing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech