glad to be here

tsosmi

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Well for starters I have a clone.don't know if that s bad but I m raising a child and was all I could pay.my device is HDC galaxy s4.for the way I use a mobile phone works great.it s very very fast on the internet even with data(no WiFi).it is rooted(thank God).but I m having serious issues with storage.I bought an SD card 16g .the phone seems to see the card but it refuses to use it ;(( .and the most serious problem that I have is that my PC won't recognise the device.I don't need to tell you that Google+ or mullty gaming on online gaming don't work cause of my devise.plz help

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Should I write my brob on an other page?section?

Welcome to the forums.
This is an ok place to put them. You may want to consider the General Help and How to section.
As far as the phone goes, the OS is technically incompatible with the SD card.
Are you having storage issues now?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

tsosmi

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah.I bought a droid SD 16g.I know the phone reads the card, xept some times but when I try to download a game or a song says not enagh space on SD.it is empty thow.its sandisk droid16g card.I tryed to put a 1 g SD from an old Nokia and I had my music for a while. :)). But was full so didn't try to download anything to see if it works with that.how can it not be compatible?and why I can't connect with my PC,?I feel so stupid buying this phone

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.I bought a droid SD 16g.I know the phone reads the card, xept some times but when I try to download a game or a song says not enagh space on SD.it is empty thow.its sandisk droid16g card.I tryed to put a 1 g SD from an old Nokia and I had my music for a while. :)). But was full so didn't try to download anything to see if it works with that.how can it not be compatible?and why I can't connect with my PC,?I feel so stupid buying this phone

The card just may be old. That is one possibility. The current version of Android is not compatible with SD cards. First, I would invest in another card and see if that helps.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's important to know that if you have a clone phone, then to a certain extent, all bets are off--you just can't be sure how reliable the software or the hardware are going to be, so your problems with external SD card access and PC connection could be an inherent glitch in the device.

As for SD cards, it's important to distinguish between the external SD card (the actual card you can plug in and remove) and the "internal SD" card, which is the device's onboard memory. The "internal SD" is also called Internal Storage, and is where all of your apps are installed (as well as your OS files). Most decent devices will come with at least 8 GB of Internal Storage, and the flagship devices come with at least 16 GB. Cheap devices often only have 4 GB of Internal Storage, and of that storage space, 2-3 GB is often taken up by the OS, leaving you only with about 1 GB of space to install apps and store things like text messages. You can't install apps directly to an external SD card, so it doesn't matter if you have some huge SD card installed.

So in your situation, can you clarify that it's the external SD card that is telling you there isn't enough space, or is it the the internal storage? It'd be very helpful if you could post a screenshot of your Storage stats from Settings>Storage.

tsosmi

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much.I ll sent a photo asap.an other thing.I ve instaled SD made and found out that I can move things manually,like songs,no programmes(I am afraid to do something like that).should I do that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21