Newbie to AndroidCentral and Android devices in General

gea8613

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

My name is George Antone, and as I indicated in my heading, I am relatively new to the Android World. Last year I was given a Samsung Galaxy SII from my company running Android and I never quite picked it up or did much research to learn how it works. I subsequently received one of the early HP TouchPads (fiasco) running WebOS, and immediately installed Android on that...but again, it did not seem to work "smoothly". Certain conflicts arose when running Android on the Tablet (wouldn't charge) so I stopped using it.
Now I have a Nexus 7 2013 and I love it. I have been voraciously studying youtube videos and reading forums to learn more about it. That has gotten me into some difficulties which is why I finally joined the forum. I rooted my Nexus 7 (2013) so I could use an OTG Cable and transfer files from a flash drive to my tablet. That now works but I can no longer attach my Nexus 7 to my PC. When I connect the USB cable directly to my PC, it does not connect or show up. Any ideas what has happened and how to correct this? I almost want to revert back to the original Nexus Out-of the-Box state, so I can copy files down to t:confused:he Nexus 7 from my PC. Lets see how good this forum is.....HELPPPPPP.!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central George :)
Try posting this directly in the Nexus 7 forum. There's likely to be someone there who can help

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello George, welcome to the forums!
Sorry I can't help but I don't have a Nexus device, much less rooted.
I agree with UJ95x.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!