Future Android User

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh I was under the impression that you could. Was there a time that you could with the earlier versions of the Android OS?

Before 4.0 and there are a few methods that are supposed to work, but they require root. And even then, I haven't seen any that allow you to store more than a small percentage of the app.
Edit: Pictures show the the S5 only has about 7.8 GB available out of the box. So the 32GB version should have around 23-24.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh I was under the impression that you could. Then I am definitely getting the 32 GB version of the S5. Was there a time that you could with the earlier versions of the Android OS? How much internal memory is used up with the Kit Kat 4.4.2? Sorry about all the questions as I am going to be a first time Android user. Been stuck in the BlackBerry twilight zone for 7 years lol

Earlier versions yes....to a degree. Some of the app data can be moved to the SD card. However, since the OS does not support that feature any longer, most developers have stopped supporting it, which is the key part to move an app to the SD card.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Before 4.0 and there are a few methods that are supposed to work, but they require root. And even then, I haven't seen any that allow you to store more than a small percentage of the app.
Edit: Pictures show the the S5 only has about 7.8 GB available out of the box. So the 32GB version should have around 23-24.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Wow that is a lot compared to BlackBerry 10 which uses under 2 GB but that's ok and hopefully future OS updates will bring that number down a little. I do love the BlackBerry 10 OS but I honestly don't believe they will continue to stay in the handset business much longer with less then a 3% market share. I don't see how they can gain any market share especially since Android and Apple completely dominate the market. But I do hope they do figure it out and can turn things around as I will still keep my Z10 :)

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Welcome, just found this forum a few weeks back and just love the information that I can find here. Have a look at the LG phones, I prefer them over the SS ones.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome, just found this forum a few weeks back and just love the information that I can find here. Have a look at the LG phones, I prefer them over the SS ones.

Welcome to the forums.
I can't recall, have you started an intro thread?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Are there any rumors on when the Note 4 is supposed to be released? I know the GS5 is coming out in April but didn't hear anything about the Note 4. I was under the impression that the Note's tend to superior to the Galaxy's.

The Note 3 is still quite new, so I wouldn't expect anything too soon.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
The Note 3 is still quite new, so I wouldn't expect anything too soon.

Yeah I figured as much but was just curious on what the rumors were. I'm just excited to try out the new Galaxy S5 as I have read many outstanding reviews on the Galaxy line. I tend to do a lot of research on a device before I purchase it and look forward to more articles on the S5 on AC. CB was very informative when it comes to BlackBerry news and I am sure AC is also.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I figured as much but was just curious on what the rumors were. I'm just excited to try out the new Galaxy S5 as I have read many outstanding reviews for the Galaxy line. I tend to do a lot of research on a device before I purchase it and look forward to more articles on the S5 on AC. CB was very informative when it comes to BlackBerry news and I am sure AC is also.

You bet we are! :p