Future Android User

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I have been a BlackBerry user for the past 7 years and basically do not like the direction the company is going in so I am going to switch to Android for the first time. I have also been a AT&T customer for the past 7 years and I am eligible for a upgrade but I am undecided on whether to get the upcoming Galaxy S5 or to wait for the eventual release of the Note 4. I wanted to know if there are any rumors on when the Note 4 is suppose to be released and what the specs are rumored to be. I currently have a BlackBerry Z10 and although I have been very happy with the device it is definitely time for a change. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC! Glad you decided to try Android. The Galaxy S5 is a pretty nice device (the processor is wicked fast). Whether you decide to wait for the Note 4 or the GS5, I'm sure both will do whatever you want them to do.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the AC!

I'm not a note fan so I can't help you there. Lots of nice devices coming out this year.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC! Glad you decided to try Android. The Galaxy S5 is a pretty nice device (the processor is wicked fast). Whether you decide to wait for the Note 4 or the GS5, I'm sure both will do whatever you want them to do.

Are there any rumors on when the Note 4 is supposed to be released? I know the GS5 is coming out in April but didn't hear anything about the Note 4. I was under the impression that the Note's tend to superior to the Galaxy's.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You'll probably see the Note 4 around September, maybe October. Just an educated guess though

LG G3 is rumored for May and the HTC One should be coming soon as well

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
My girlfriend has the current HTC One and it is a beautiful device but it doesn't accept SD cards so I doubt the new HTC One will either.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
One max has sd card. One has an sd card, depending on region, but not in the usa

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
The GS5 is looking to be like an awesome phone. I'm personally waiting for the Moto X successor.
Go Yankees!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
We really haven't heard much when it comes to Note 4 rumors--probably because the hypebeast has all been about the S5 in the last few months. We'll probably start hearing rumblings about the next Note in the next month, is my guess.

Be cautious about choosing a Samsung device purely for the external SD card support though--there just seem to be a lot of threads describing problems, including cards getting corrupted or being incompatible, or difficulties with playing music files from them.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I have been a BlackBerry user for the past 7 years and basically do not like the direction the company is going in so I am going to switch to Android for the first time. I have also been a AT&T customer for the past 7 years and I am eligible for a upgrade but I am undecided on whether to get the upcoming Galaxy S5 or to wait for the eventual release of the Note 4. I wanted to know if there are any rumors on when the Note 4 is suppose to be released and what the specs are rumored to be. I currently have a BlackBerry Z10 and although I have been very happy with the device it is definitely time for a change. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forums. I see the SD card is pretty important. That said, your options are pretty much Samsungs for the time being, and the HTC Max.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Are there any rumors on when the Note 4 is supposed to be released? I know the GS5 is coming out in April but didn't hear anything about the Note 4. I was under the impression that the Note's tend to superior to the Galaxy's.

The Note and S line aren't meant to overlap. Each is superior to the other for 6 months after their respective release, at least in terms of specs.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok thank you and I will keep that in mind. I will be probably be getting the 32 GB SG5. Have there been issues with the San Disk Ultra 64 GB card in Samsung devices?

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
The GS5 is looking to be like an awesome phone. I'm personally waiting for the Moto X successor.
Go Yankees!

I heard that is beautiful device also and when is it suppose to be released?
YES! LETS GO YANKEES! Big baseball fan and can't wait for the season to start

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok thank you and I will keep that in mind. I will be probably be getting the 32 GB SG5. Have there been issues with the San Disk Ultra 64 GB card in Samsung devices?

There's issues with all sorts of brands. Best thing to do is format the card inside the phone before you begin to save data on there

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I see the SD card is pretty important. That said, your options are pretty much Samsungs for the time being, and the HTC Max.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Yes I like the option to be able to save applications and media files on a SD Card. That was one of my gripes about my BlackBerry Z10 it doesn't allow you to save applications on there and the 16GB internal is sometimes not enough. That's why I will probably purchase the 32 GB version of the SG5 with my San Disk 64 GB should be more than enough lol

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes I like the option to be able to save applications and media files on a SD Card. That was one of my gripes about my BlackBerry Z10 it doesn't allow you to save applications on there and the 16GB internal is sometimes not enough. That's why I will probably purchase the 32 GB version of the SG5 with my San Disk 64 GB should be more than enough lol

You can't store apps on the SD card with Android either :(

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
You can't store apps on the SD card with Android either :(

Oh I was under the impression that you could. Then I am definitely getting the 32 GB version of the S5. Was there a time that you could with the earlier versions of the Android OS? How much internal memory is used up with the Kit Kat 4.4.2? Sorry about all the questions as I am going to be a first time Android user. Been stuck in the BlackBerry twilight zone for 7 years lol