Need help with my photo storage!

FoSizzle

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I want to try and upload my photos to my computer, but I cannot find where they are stored. They aren't stored on my SD Card (although I would prefer it to so). A folder has automatically been created called "DCIM" > "Camera" but none of my photos store there. I tried using the ES File Explorer to search for them, but I cannot seem to get anywhere. They are obviously on my internal memory somewhere otherwise it wouldn't let me preview them. So, where could they be and how can I set default save location to my SD Card?

My phone is a BML One Mini, by the way.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They should be in that folder. However, are there any files in Pictures?

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried looking for the files after you plug the phone into your computer?

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I 'spoke' to you in q&a. It sounds like there's access problems to the drive.
It seems to have 2gb of storage and 256mb of ram and runs JB 4.2, if I remember from checking yesterday.

If there's not too many, maybe you can 'share' each one over data. Not ideal I know.
You can also try General Help and How To.
Hopefully you will get more help here later.

FoSizzle

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I 'spoke' to you in q&a. It sounds like there's access problems to the drive.
It seems to have 2gb of storage and 256mb of ram and runs JB 4.2, if I remember from checking yesterday.

If there's not too many, maybe you can 'share' each one over data. Not ideal I know.
You can also try General Help and How To.
Hopefully you will get more help here later.

I seem to be very limited to what I can I do on the phone (unless I am just not that phone savvy). Maybe, it was just a bad choice of purchase.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Please clarify something--when using ES File Explorer, can you find anything in the directory /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/Camera? It might also be called /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I remembered incorrectly.
It has 256 ram and 256mb rom, plus 16gb max sd card storage. JB 4.2.
1.0 single core. That's awfully small rom.

http://www.focalprice.com/MH0899B/B...Android_4.2_Single_Core_SC6820.html?source=CJ

8a3yzare.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

FoSizzle

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that is one problem I made but I gathered that. I don't think that has anything to do with why I cannot locate my photo folder though.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just wondered if it affects how it allocates storage, or deletes it. No manufacturer information I guess.
Can you take photos now and they are visible. Does the camera give a choice of storage. The phone must have had a card included. It has Android 4.2, which is quite recent.
I don't know what to tell you.
It's one of those things where someone here needs it in their hands and then it would seem easy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So you have an external microSD card inserted, right? I'm wondering if the SD folder you're referring to represents the external microSD card, or perhaps a partition of the Internal Storage (which is how older phones partition things).

In any case, try looking for this directory: /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera

FoSizzle

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
So you have an external microSD card inserted, right? I'm wondering if the SD folder you're referring to represents the external microSD card, or perhaps a partition of the Internal Storage (which is how older phones partition things).

In any case, try looking for this directory: /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera

I have checked it before. I have looked into the MNT folder which has the SD Card folder in it, but it seems to represent my external card, just the same as the other folder outside of MNT (if that makes sense)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To reduce any possible confusion, maybe you could explore your phone with the file manager after removing the external microSD card. Not that you'll find your photos any easier--but at least you won't be wondering if you're looking on the phone's internal storage or the external SD card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC