Kiwi Greetings!

greenguppy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Just found this place and it looks great - Android noobs, lurkers, l33ts and ... well that guy over there O:)

I'm Graeme (aka Green Guppy) and I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. I'm married with 2 boys (11 and 13) and a cat. We were here during the 7.1 quake in 2010 and subsequent 3 years of aftershocks - scary time but an amazing life experience. All good now - just had my house fixed up finally.

I've got an Acer Iconia A500 and a Vigo 7" tablet. Samsung cheapie phone - my boys have better Samsung's than me. My wife has some fruity phone thing.

I was a Chemical Engineer/Plant Manager until my brain had a meltdown and I had to have a lie down and a cup of tea for quite a while. Needed something to do and been around computers forever so decided to give this Android/Java thing a crack. Just released my first very amateur game - but I'll post that in the lounge cos this forum ain't for that stuff.

Anyhow nice to be here - party on!

Green Guppy :cool:

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! And yes you're not the only one living in Chch! Me too!

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro

greenguppy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Cool - whereabouts are you? We are in Strowan. Your family and friends got through the quakes OK? We move back home on Saturday - 3 months out with repairs. Still a great place to live! :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Just found this place and it looks great - Android noobs, lurkers, l33ts and ... well that guy over there O:)

I'm Graeme (aka Green Guppy) and I live in Christchurch, New Zealand. I'm married with 2 boys (11 and 13) and a cat. We were here during the 7.1 quake in 2010 and subsequent 3 years of aftershocks - scary time but an amazing life experience. All good now - just had my house fixed up finally.

I've got an Acer Iconia A500 and a Vigo 7" tablet. Samsung cheapie phone - my boys have better Samsung's than me. My wife has some fruity phone thing.

I was a Chemical Engineer/Plant Manager until my brain had a meltdown and I had to have a lie down and a cup of tea for quite a while. Needed something to do and been around computers forever so decided to give this Android/Java thing a crack. Just released my first very amateur game - but I'll post that in the lounge cos this forum ain't for that stuff.

Welcome to the forums!

Karl Thomas

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to Android Central!

Enjoy your time here.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I am in Hornby! And was out for 5 weeks. I can not imagine living in another city but maybe the US North Carolina or something.

Cool - whereabouts are you? We are in Strowan. Your family and friends got through the quakes OK? We move back home on Saturday - 3 months out with repairs. Still a great place to live! :)

Last edited:

greenguppy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I am in Hornby! And was out for 5 weeks. I can not imagine living in another city but maybe the US North Carolina or something.

Hey Zocster

Nice photo. We just moved back home in the weekend - place was a mess, carpet not in, mud all over the paths/driveway, bathroom not finished (lucky we have a small en suite in one of the bedrooms - but man it is good to be home. Don't know anything about Nth Carolina but Seattle interests me - grunge FTW! Maybe I'll visit here some day - won't be paid for by my game sales - v slow start but at least the trend is upwards. ;)

Take care and have fun
GG

greenguppy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm in North Carolina, not from here originally but I like it, it's a nice state. ??????☺

Sent From Another Galaxy

Hi Stargate,

Not originally from Nth Carolina eh? Did you by any chance gate in - hmmmm?

Been googling NC - largest city is named Charlotte! She must have been hot to get a not only a city named after her but also the biggest one. I like that your state beverage is milk - party on NC!

Cheers
GG

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Looked after that for you, GG, Raleigh is where I was thinking Charlotte ain't bad either.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173